Have you ever had your palm read, fortune told, or read your horoscope etc?

by restrangled 48 Replies latest jw friends

• restrangled
    restrangled

jaguarbass....I had a huge book that described everthing....and it seems after moving several times I've misplaced the book.

It did seem to describe, personalities, physical problems and emotions. It was never wrong!!!!!!!

Everyone loved to read it.

r.

• John Doe
    John Doe

What amazes and depresses me is that there are still superstitious people in the world even with all the information available to them.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

The local skeptics group I am a part of has sent out many invitations to these sort of people... and four have responded that they would certainly meet our 'challenge' and demonstrate their skills.

All four of them canceled the days before, however. The invitation is still open, of course.

Of course, this stuff has been exposed to be simple cold-reading and other such tricks many times before. Your body language, nature of your dress, etc. tells a lot about you, and these scammers pick up on it.

- Lime

• metaspy
    metaspy

restrangled - do you happen to remember the name of the book?

I would love to look it up.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Metaspy....It was burgandy colored and about 3 to 4 inches thick. It was huge, and was actually very accurate...Now I'm furious it is not in my libarary. I believe it was called the birthday book.

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Jd you are amazed and depressed with all the information.....from who?

You are an athiest right?

So I am amazed and depressed with all the information that you ignore God and a spirit world exists.

it works both ways....love ya sweetie.

r.

• C. T. Russell
    C. T. Russell

I always read my fortune cookies. They were always generic and I thought they were cute. It was always something generic like “You will be confident in your actions.” type of stuff.

Last week I was starving and went out for Chinese. My fortune was “Study Metaphysics!”

That one took me aback a little bit. It was so demanding and specific.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    So I am amazed and depressed with all the information that you ignore God and a spirit world exists.
    it works both ways....love ya sweetie.

You're a nut sweetie.

• restrangled
    restrangled

You're a nut too jd.....

tell me your birthday.... no year needed.....I will give a pretty good description of yourself, if I can find this damn book.

r

• John Doe
    John Doe

Think you'll be able to tell if I give a fake date?

Or, how about this. I'll give you ten different dates, with one of them my actual birthday. Think you can pick my birthday out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit