ouija board

by The-Borg 170 Replies latest jw friends

• Warlock
    Warlock

Lime,

About 14 to 1 (me) and you are going to the "rules".

I'll take all 14 on, in an alley like Bruce Lee, you little bitch.

Crying SOB .

You start the fight, but can't finish it, you asshole.

Warlock

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Did I ever say you have a 'little head'? I suggested that you might be prone to exaggeration while at the same time admitting that I myself am prone to the same exaggeration and miss-interpretation of the facts.

It is a simple fact of life, we do not know everything. But not knowing does not automatically mean that supernatural forces are at work. I may not know what card is next in a deck of cards.. but that does not mean a supernatural force is at work determining what card will be delt next.

We cannot adamantly claim we know every relevant fact in an experience. I do not know why it rained at my house yesterday, but not my friend's house 1/4 mile away. I do not know why both my brother and I both recall the same event from our childhood from the same perspective, even though only one of us could have had that perspective. I know some things, but I do not know a lot more things, and I have the humility to admit that.

Do not feel persecuted just because someone does not believe that your personal account (a single, limited perspective) adequately conveys and covers all the facts in a way that we must conclude supernatural forces are at work. I certainly do not feel persecuted just because my brother's recount of an experience conflicts with my own. I accept the fact that we both are imperfect, our minds are imperfect, and that just because I remember something some way, does not make it fact.

You recall your experiences and conclude that it is a supernatural event. From your current knowledge and immediate perspective, it may not be unreasonable for you to think that. However, that does not make it fact. Why would you expect or require that everyone else accept your conclusion based on a limited-perspective account? Why would you be offended that other people disagree with your experience or conclusions, and then insult them and say they have 'little heads' because they don't agree? You are claiming things that challenge humanity's fundamental understanding of the forces of nature, while providing no evidence or formula to refine our understanding with.

It takes a humility to realize that all of our brains, including my own brain, are not perfect - that they subject to many false positives. Anyone with any sort of harmful addiction is a victim of a false positive. Their brain sees the world in an incomplete and highly biased way. Facts are the only foundation we have to any sort of shared understanding, because facts are indisputable.

To insult someone because they request facts when you cannot provide any is an unreasonable thing to do. You are insulting the very people who have the humility to realize that all of our brains - including the requestor's - are easily deceived. 1 + 1 = 2, and it always will equal 2. And those sort of facts are the only foundation we can build upon if we wish to see reality for what it is, and not what our imperfect and biased minds tell us it is.

- Lime

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

There is a poster who no longer posts here, and most of these "skeptics" would kiss his ass, who used to say 'Ex-jw's are the most disfunctional people on the planet'.

This thread is "proof" that he was correct.

I'm friends with the poster you speak of Warlock, and I hate to break it to you but he was speaking about posters such as yourself who still find it necessary to put aside research and reason while you seek the answers to life's questions from invisible entities who do your thinking for you, no matter whether those entities be found penning the pages of the Watchtower or moving the planchette on your Ouija board.

He would not side with you on this debate, of that I'm 100% certain.

• Warlock
    Warlock

lime,

Are you for real, or what?

You don't have to accept shit from my experience, and I don't accept shit from your explanations, EVEN THOUGH YOU, NOR ANYONE ELSE WAS THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED.

However, to cite the "rules", when you started the whole "what happened didn't happen" is just chickenshit.

Be a fucking man for a change. Take off the dress.

Warlock

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    About 14 to 1 (me) and you are going to the "rules".

I'll take all 14 on, in an alley like Bruce Lee, you little bitch.

Being outnumbered in opinion has no bearing of the factual correctness of your argument.

Galileo's idea that the earth was not the center of the universe was not only contested, outnumbered, and unpopular - but Galileos himself was called many names, and eventually killed over his idea. Yet the facts he presented stood up to the test of repeated experiments and time. Darwin's theory of Evolution by Natural Selection has been frequently outnumbered in opposition, yet time and time again, in the court of law it has stood up to its many challenges becuase it is based on facts. To the contrary, many people have had unusual, contested, and outrageous ideas that did not stand up to the test of time. Not because they were alone in their opinion, but because they could not provide facts to back up their argument.

So, in your anger, feel free to call me any insulting name you like. The facts say everything, and my personal ego, be it a 'manly man' or a 'little bitch' has no bearing on them.

- Lime

• Warlock
    Warlock
    while you seek the answers to life's questions from invisible entities who do your thinking for you, no matter whether those entities be found penning the pages of the Watchtower or moving the planchette on your Ouija board.

cog,

I am not seeking answers to life's questions. I was merely relating an experience.

Where have I EVER stated that invisible entities do my thinking for me? Where?

My god, you people are sicker than I ever imagined.

Sicker than active JW's. Much sicker.

Warlock

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Ahh yes, yelling, swearing, name-calling, threats of violence....the last refuge of the man with no argument. So predictable! Not to mention dysfunctional.

• Warlock
    Warlock
    the last refuge of the man with no argument

A man with an experience who has been outnumbered by those who were not there, but insist they know what the actual experience was all about, or didn't you read the whole thread.

Warlock

• Warlock
    Warlock

cog,

Where have I EVER stated that invisible entities do my thinking for me? Where?

Answer the question, please.

Warlock

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I did read the whole thread. I didn't see anyone discrediting your actual experience, only the fallacious conclusion that you drew from the experience. (ie, Ouija boards move on their own or through some unknown force)

Judging by the vehemence of your emotional outburst, I'm guessing that being outnumbered by that many logical arguments is very threatening to you on some level.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit