The "They Are Imperfect" Excuse

by LouBelle 46 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Yeah, the Wt loves to make that claim as though they are being persecuted.

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Imperfect - to have faults or errors

Imperfections - we all have them

Were the imperfections deliberate? Were they covered up?

Imperfect things happen, but do we ignore them and say, well, "it's an imperfect organization because imperfect things happen?"

That is why we have rule of law, to punish "imperfections" if they were deliberately carried out.

The MPs in the British Parliament wilfully and deliberately claimed expenses for things unrelated to their office. Are these imperfections?

Yes. Why? They were at fault and made errors.

Did they wilfully commit these errors, knowing they would cause public outrage? Yes.

Did they try to coverup their imperfections? Yes. Parliament released MP expenses which had mostly been blackened out.

So, we are all imperfect Renaii. We make mistakes.

There is a difference between WILFUL imperfection and NON-WILFUL imperfection, the latter is a deliberate act. Such acts deserve no excuses.

The WT has made deliberate and wilful acts of imperfection. We should not excuse them.

The Apostle Paul, when it was brought to his attention that a man had uncovered the skirt of his father, told the congregation to "remove the wicked man from yourselves"

He did not excuse the imperfection. He acknowledge it and did something about it.

The October 22, 1995 Awake! magazine and in preceding issues, the masthead on page 4 under "Why Awake! is Published" stated the following:

"Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world before the generation that saw the events of 1914 passes away."

Did the Society apologise for this "imperfection" - after all, they said it was Jehovah's PROMISE.

When someone makes a PROMISE I expect them to keep it.

If they break a promise, I do not reason, "oh, it's imperfection" or "it's an imperfect organization" - the fact is that they said Jehovah made a promise and it didn't come true.

Did they apologize when the masthead changed? No, they blamed ordinary witnesses for being too eager to see the conclusion of this system of things.

• leftbelow
    leftbelow

How many times did bible writers have to go back to the people and tell them that the last word from Jehovah was misunderstood and now this is the new word of Jehovah. NEVER!!!!!! Imperfect yes but having to retract the word of Jehovah NEVER!!!

Then there is the always present example of the disciples of Jesus asking “if the kingdom was being restored at this time?” this is not a good example because they were asking a question of Jesus NOT teaching others something that if they could not in good conscience accept would result in their being banned from “God’s Organization”.

No one is expecting perfection from the men of the organization just a little bit of honesty and humility.

• flipper
    flipper

My take on this is very similar to Scully's but I'll put it a little more short and to the point just to re-emphasize the importance of what she posted : Any rank and file member who is brought up before a judicial committee IS NOT allowed to use the excuse of " imperfection " if they commit adultery, fornication, or any DFing offense. Those in the governing body and higher ups have in the past and currently cover up wrongdoing and make excuses for their blunders by saying the alleged " faithful slave " is "imperfect" and can't be held accountable for winking at child abuse, blood transfusion injustices, etc. The leaders of the witness cult demand more of it's members than they do of themselves

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

It makes my blood boil too. My mum is fond of using it.

However, if you think of these people as victims, then it is their safety valve to stop their brains exploding and their world from falling apart.

Hats off to the GB, they've pulled a blinder with this one.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They are no more imperfect than anyone else. Their lies and abuses are deliberate and cannot be blamed on "imperfection".

W

• TheKings
    TheKings

The problem is the WTBS expects to be obeyed as though it were a flawless entity. No questions are to be asked of the leadership or of the doctrine... because they're perfect... or are they imperfect? It's all designed to screw with Jdub's heads so they willingly believe yet still have an excuse to give anyone who points out flaws.

If the WTBS wants to be forgiven as imperfect then maybe they should start acting with some humility as to deserve it.

Jdubs have to pretend the teachings are 100% perfect because they have to be unified, right? Don't think for yourself or step out of line even though you know it's flawed because everyone has to march as one...even if it's wrong. Being a good, loyal member of the hive-mind is more important than truth.

Being a Jdub really, really isn't about the quality of the teachings (perfect teachings?)...it morphs into being all about "loyalty" to the cause and teachigns become secondary to doing as you're told (currying favor).

this why it's unimportant to Jdubs that the WTBS expects full loyalty to it's imperfect ways, and why they can easily spout off the "imperfect" line.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

someone ban reniaa

• chickpea
    chickpea

imperfection is their get out of jail card....

keeps them moving around the game board
    and the sheeple in the fold....

total crock of crap...
    let the reader use discernment

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

reinna brings up some interesting points and arguments...

of course the banhammer is asked for.

anyway, they ARE imperfect. imperfect men running a perfect organization.

i cringe at that statement. however, "the light gets brighter" makes sense, i am sure they couldnt get it all right off the bat.

problem is, they dont admit it nearly as much as they should.

As it stands, they have doctrinal stuff right miles above any other organization. But their other bullshit kinda ruins it all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit