The "They Are Imperfect" Excuse

by LouBelle 46 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Doesn't it just make you sick to your stomach?

Dozens of Doctrine changes that effect the lives of the rank and file: The FDS are only imperfect men and didn't understand the bible truths at the time.

Pedophiles that are protected or not reported and allowed to stay in the congregation: These men are imperfect and this sin isn't unique to JWs. The organisation has it's problems just like any other...they are not perfect after all.

All their Prophesies - Failed: The FDS are only imperfect men and have never claimed to be a prophet.

I am truly sick of this overused excuse. This organisation should take responsibilty for the mess it's caused in many lives. This excuse DOES NOT in anyway redeem the Watch Tower And Bible Tract Society of their sins - my only hope is that the rank and file will start to see through this evil organisation for what it really is - a disgusting thing that uses their Gods' name in vain.

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Funny how every other religious group or organization are 'wrong', 'wicked', 'controlled by Satan' or 'dont have God's backing'. Hmmmmm.........but when they fall short on anything,.......... it's to down to Adam.

• reniaa
    reniaa

Name one Christian other than God's son who are/were Perfect?

It can be anyone in history besides Jesus?

Show me the religion in our times that is so good that not a single member is a pedophile, murderer, taxman, liar etc?

You are the ones using imperfection as an excuse to condemn which is just nuts because you then end up looking for perfection where it doesn't exist.

Gods imperfect followers on earth weren't marked by their perfection but their ability to take Godly instruction and refinement when they have let mistakes creep in.

One of the reasons I am not in a christendom religion is there inability to be refined from false teaching they accummulated from the great Apostasy hundreds of years ago.

Jws have ripped themselves away from these teaching and still need constant refinement so they are a work in progress until 'what is imperfect is made perfect'.

Reniaa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Reniaa - the fact of the matter is the JWs say they are the ONLY true organisation and that Jehovah uses it as His channel - and yet their very fruits prove otherwise "By their fruits, you will know them..."

JWism is a christendom religion. They have ripped themselves away and put in their own interpretations that are not of god or the spirit and have burdoned it's people.

Funny Christ said "Be perfect, just as I am perfect"

• reniaa
    reniaa

So you are saying Gods true religion in this time will be perfect and all who are not are false?

• iknowall558
    iknowall558

Reniaa said --

One of the reasons I am not in a christendom religion is there inability to be refined from false teaching they accummulated from the great Apostasy hundreds of years ago.

All fine and good . . . . . . . . SO WHAT IS ONE OF THE REASONS YOU ARE NOT IN THE 'TRUE' RELIGION ?

Defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend, defend.....................If it's worth so much of your time and effort.......why are you not there........................? ? ? ? ? ? ?

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yeah, that excuse used to make me sick too. Then I got to thinking that the followers of the religion are such ego maniacs they will do anything to continue to believe they have the one, true, religion. Therefore, they get what they deserve. Once I reached that conclusion, I stopped feeling sick about it and I stopped feeling sorry for anything that happens to them.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

I would expect "God's organization", his 'sole channel of truth' to stand out as a shining jewel among others, if this was in fact "Gods org"

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Name one Christian other than God's son who are/were Perfect?

My reply: None. But a true Christian would not claim to be God's sole channel of truth, nor would they prophecy falsely as the Wt does.

It can be anyone in history besides Jesus?

My reply: Answered above.

Show me the religion in our times that is so good that not a single member is a pedophile, murderer, taxman, liar etc?

My reply: We are not discussing other relgions- we are discussing the one claiming to be above all others.

You are the ones using imperfection as an excuse to condemn which is just nuts because you then end up looking for perfection where it doesn't exist.

My reply: The claim to be God's sole channel and prophecying flasely are enough to condemn the WT.

Gods imperfect followers on earth weren't marked by their perfection but their ability to take Godly instruction and refinement when they have let mistakes creep in.

My reply: This refinement does not excuse false prophecies.

My reply: blah blah- your laundry list of why JWs are true- the trinity, Christmas, etc....sure sure renia...

Jws have ripped themselves away from these teaching and still need constant refinement so they are a work in progress until 'what is imperfect is made perfect'.

My reply: They have ripped themselves away from practices that are not objectionable in any sense and from the correct teachings to denigrate Jesus, A work in progress at what? Becoming Jim Jones and the Temple of Doom?

Reniaa

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I said nothing about a religion/organisation being perfect and all other religions/organisations being false (...don't put words in my mouth)

I quoted what Christ said - those are his words and it's important to find out what the true meaning of them are - as you do believe the bible is inspired of God (as do I) and that those words need to be pertinent in all ages.

I know you believe in your leaders / organisation / society and that they have the truth - I'm not here to change what you believe - I 100% don't believe what they teach and that much of it is based on lies / deception / nonsense / man made traditions (as all other organisation that are man ruled)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit