Automobile Questions for the Guys

by Robdar 74 Replies latest jw friends

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Learn also how to wax the car yourself. Most people can't afford to take their car to a detailer often.. but waxing is something you can do in your own driveway. Few things are more rewarding with car ownership than a good wax on the weekend (the same principle applies to girlfriends as well. Neener neener!).

(The 'wax' cycle of the automated or spray car wash is NOT the same by any means.)

- Lime

• Robdar
    Robdar

Elsewhere:

If you had bought that, I would have offered you Afterlife Insurance. For a small sum of 10% of your income I would guarantee that after you died you would enjoy an eternity of blissful existence in heaven.

Hahahaaa!

Whew! I am glad I made the right decision. I didn't call any of my men friends to ask their advice about the matter. I figured I had bothered them enough the previous week. I think that I am now rather proud of myself for standing my ground.

BTW, I thought about you this past weekend while I was car shopping. How's that mini of your's? Do you still love her?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Whew! I am glad I made the right decision. I didn't call any of my men friends to ask their advice about the matter.

Yeah, they were just trying to take you. I have a small convertable that is almost 20 years old now.. never repainted, (although it could use a new paint job), yet a good wax still makes it look awesome

- Lime

• Robdar
    Robdar

Hintoflime:

Learn also how to wax the car yourself. Most people can't afford to take their car to a detailer often.. but waxing is something you can do in your own driveway.

Is Turtle Wax as good as the makers of the product say it is?

Few things are more rewarding with car ownership than a good wax on the weekend (the same principle applies to girlfriends as well. Neener neener!).

ROFL

You sound like fun.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

I've never tried turtle wax myself, although I've heard people really like it. I ended up with a few bottles of Meguiar's Deep Crystal (2 of their '3 step system'), and on black paint it's worked great for me. I would definately purchase it again.

For I while i used one of those electric rotating buffers, but after a couple tries I switched back to buffing by hand. It's more work, but less hassle and in my opinion looks better when it's done. It's a bit of a personal preference, but using power tools on the finish of your car seems shortsighted to me.

- Lime

• Robdar
    Robdar

Lime:

Meguiar's Deep Crystal (2 of their '3 step system')

Thanks. I've jotted it down and will look it over this weekend.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Keep the interior of your vehicle spotless by not allowing, smoking, eating, etc. Buy some cheap carpet coverings by walmart etc.

If you can't keep the car in a garage, keep it out of the sun....absolutely imperative for the paint job.

Geico...which by the way I highly reccomend .....has coverage for a new car...bumper to bumper for 100,000.00 miles. Much cheaper than a dealership and they will take care of you.

I had my car washed and waxed monthly but can no longer afford it, so I do it myself.

Good excersize and I probably do a better job. Make sure leaves and filth are removed from the interior trunk edges, and front window area.

Get your oil changed whether you think it needs it or not,-every 3000 miles_ and your car will take care of you!

r.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Ah, Restrangled. You are a gal after my own heart. Your advice is very good and I will follow it as best I can. The problem is the sun. Fortunately, the parking deck at work is covered and that will help out 40+ hours of the week.

Geico offers a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper coverage? WOW! I wonder if State Farm offers something similar?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    I turned down the dealership's offer of the appearance protection package which included a paint sealant to protect against fading, discoloring and loss of gloss. I thought it was too expensive. Maybe it wasn't but I'm a cheap bastard.

Smart. That sealant is a rip. "Cheap bastard" usually translates as "extremely intelligent".

BTS

• beksbks
    beksbks

Turtle wax and armor all! Unless the interior is fabric, then scotch guard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit