Jonas Brothers Bump Convention Dates!!!

by tresdecu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

...he said a lot of people he talked to are pretty upset, especially those that feel pressured to take another day off work. (personally, this would be a good excuse for me to blow off a boring day in a suit and go fishing) I also think that many are seeing through the charade of "caring for the needs of the brothers" and that the bottom line is $$$. Of course, they don't have the freedom to say that. If the "spiritual food" was the utmost concern, they would have "let their yes mean yes" and stuck with the original dates.

• cognac
    cognac
    Wasn't there a thread where U2 could not add another date to their tour because of a prior booking by JW's?

I bet the BORG must be a bit more desparate for money now!!!!!

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

Hahahaha "remember brothers, this is a LOVING provision from Jehovah"

Wonder how the brothers and sisters feel about giving up so much work time in this economy.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, this is great. Many will just miss the Thursday session and get one day less of spiritual food.

• tinker
    tinker

Interesting, this is a first as far as I've experienced, almost 50yr in. We were assigned to Tacoma for many years until the last few I was in and then it was Kenniwick, Wa. I do remember one CA was detoured because of snow on the mountain pass. They quickly got a local high school gym and on went the show. We were bummed out for missing the 'canceled' opportunity...YEAH Free Weekend. NOT

But I don't think it is all that unusual for venues to have other programs between Jdub conventions. We did a number of take-down, put-ups over the years. Damm hard work when the bean counting Jdubs could have flexed their schedule

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit