Jonas Brothers Bump Convention Dates!!!

by tresdecu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Ha! Just heard this from a friend of mine ((he doesn't know I feel the way I do about wbts)) out in the Seattle area. The normal convention days of friday-sunday were originally announced way back in January, now due to the Society getting an exceptional deal from the Tacoma Dome, they agreed to move the convention from thursday-saturday ((this was announced a couple of months ago)) so the Jonas brothers could play their show on sunday. This creates an extream hardship on many who already had a tough time getting off work on friday. Not to mention, the poor brothers have to tear down the stage then put it back up the following week for another convention.

I could tell my buddy was ticked off about this...he's on the stage crew! poor guy. All about the money!!! Nice job wtbts

If he knew I'm no longer an MS, he'd probably be jelous.

http://www.tacomadome.org/events.aspxsee see june 25-28

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

oops I broke the link, if you want to see it just go to www.tacomadome.org

and click events up at the top.

• Denial
  • tresdecu
    tresdecu

Haha nice pic. Maybe they could give the "keynote" address.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I still have a JW friend that is going to that convention... we were on the same bus group in Germany in 2006 as delegates in Hamburg for the Special Convention.....

she is a bit put out because even though she doesnt have to go to a hotel, she does have to take off two days of work instead of one.....

With WTBTS....follow the money...

and yeah, that has to suck tearing down and putting back up everything....at least they dont have to tear down food stands, etc anymore..

I remember one year the show before our convention was a Monster Truck Show..... what fun cleaning mud off of 10,000 seats in a domed arena...

Snakes ()

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I know that if they pulled this crap when my folks were active my folks would have simply not gone to the convention. They demand that people make arrangements according to their schedule and according to their list of fine hotels in advance. Many people already have their hotel rooms booked and paid for and now what if Thurday is already filled? People sleeping in their cars at the Tacoma dome on Thursday night.....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Wow, how do the Jonas Brothers rate?

Wasn't there a thread where U2 could not add another date to their tour because of a prior booking by JW's?

purps

• sir82
    sir82

That's hysterical!

And the WT won't say anthing remotely resembling an apology to the flock.

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

Wow, that's really something... just adds to the expense for families (an extra day off work). [shakes head]

• Dagney
    Dagney

That is a first, I think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit