Are You Paul or are you Saul?

by reniaa 347 Replies latest jw friends

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To WuzLovesDubs (Post 392)
    • Ah, you know the correct identity of Grandma, do you?! And, you know she's mortal?! That's more than some would believe. Some still believe that Grandma's "got" an immortal soul, even if she was one of the "20 souls [who] died in the [reported] fire".
    • As to Grandma dying "today"? It's a matter of the limits of your knowledge of science, and its application to Grandma's health. And, it's a matter of how well you can see everything. Perhaps, somethings are harder to read than you think. After all, technology keeps improving the picture, especially as many people bring their personalities and experience to bear regarding Grandma. It's also a matter of how long the day is, perhaps it's many years long, as was the case regarding Adam and Eve.
    — Spike Tassel.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To WuzLovesDubs (Post 392)
    • Ah, you know the correct identity of Grandma, do you?! And, you know she's mortal?! That's more than some would believe. Some still believe that Grandma's "got" an immortal soul, even if she was one of the "20 souls [who] died in the [reported] fire".
    • As to Grandma dying "today"? It's a matter of the limits of your knowledge of science, and its application to Grandma's health. And, it's a matter of how well you can see everything. Perhaps, somethings are harder to read than you think. After all, technology keeps improving the picture, especially as many people bring their personalities and experience to bear regarding Grandma. It's also a matter of how long the day is, perhaps it's many years long, as was the case regarding Adam and Eve. • — Spike Tassel.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Reniaa,

When Saul became Paul, didn't he then try to get people OUT OF the Pharisees religion? Why did he do that? Was he wrong to do that?

What is the difference between Ex-Pharisee Paul trying to get people out of the Pharisees into Christianity and Ex-JW's trying to get JW's out of the Watchtower Society into Christianity?

The Apostle Paul taught the following:

Ephesians 5:10-13 (NWT): Keep on making sure of what is acceptable to the Lord; and quit sharing with [them] in the unfruitful works that belong to the darkness, but, rather, even be reproving [them], for the things that take place in secret by them it is shameful even to relate. Now all the things that are being reproved are made manifest by the light, for everything that is being made manifest is light.

Galatians 1:7-9 (NWT): But it is not another; only there are certain ones who are causing YOU trouble and wanting to pervert the good news about the Christ. However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed.

1 Thessalonians 5:21 (NWT): Make sure of all things; hold fast to what is fine.

1 Timothy 5:20 (NWT): Reprove before all onlookers persons who practice sin, that the rest also may have fear.

2 Timothy 4:2-4 (NWT): preach the word, be at it urgently in favorable season, in troublesome season, reprove, reprimand, exhort, with all long-suffering and [art of] teaching. For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.

Titus 1:9 (NWT): holding firmly to the faithful word as respects his [art of] teaching, that he may be able both to exhort by the teaching that is healthful and to reprove those who contradict.

Titus 1:13-16 (NWT): For this very cause keep on reproving them with severity, that they may be healthy in the faith, paying no attention to Jewish fables and commandments of men who turn themselves away from the truth. All things are clean to clean [persons]. But to [persons] defiled and faithless nothing is clean, but both their minds and their consciences are defiled. They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works, because they are detestable and disobedient and not approved for good work of any sort.

So, where does Paul say that it is wrong to publicly reprove those who are teaching false doctrine?

By the way, nowhere does the Bible say that the statement from Gamaliel was inspired or from God.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa:

hi dacheech yes I could blame the saul for persecuting false prophets because the bible says we are to recognise them and avoid them. As witnesses do the ones they consider false prophets. For those outside the congregation it is for Jesus to judge not us.

If the bible God's word says vengance is God's perogative we should respect that.

Reniaa

My reply: Avoid...ok Reniaa...exposing is not judging or persecuting. It is speaking the truth....something the WT claims to be doing in their disparaging statements of others.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

To isaacaustin (Post 1566): May I avoid … discrediting truth just because I don't naturally want to like who's telling it.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

let's see do I want to be a lion or do I want to be a lamb being slaughtered by it's owner?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

re DaCheech (Post 2404) • I'm not a Hindu that believes in reincarnation as either a lion or a lamb. That having been said, I'm sure that Paul appreciates having been "lamblike" at his death, warranting a heavenly resurrection. Had he stayed as Saul the Pharisee after Jesus spoke with him on the road to Damascus, his "lionlike" disposition would have apparently meant everlasting destruction. I'm sure Paul is glad to be alive and faithful in his heavenly assignment instead of what would have happened alternatively, had he not been faithful at the time of his natural death.
    — Spike Tassel.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

you do like the last word, huh

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

re DaCheech (Post 2406): The last word for me is reasoning on what Jehovah says, and each of us figuring out how to apply it best. There's more scrolls coming, and then who knows how he might communicate with worthy ones after that, time will tell. In the meantime, perhaps we can consider, Are we like Paul, whom Jehovah used to help people make up their minds with the Truth he was inspired to tell; or are we like Saul, whose appearances scared many people off, but whom Jesus felt could still be reached and reasoned with, even if it took blinding him to do it?
    — Spike Tassel.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

yeah (you think)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit