I went to a JW get-together last night

by BonaFide 52 Replies latest jw friends

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

reniaa says

You goto a witness do bonafide sit there happily hating them planning to rip the faith from all of these friends of yours after accepting there association and food, this is not loving.

MY advice is hate is a destructive emotion to both the hater and the object of his hate.

Reniaa

My reply

Reniaa, moving a JWs faith from the GB is quite loving. The GB is the leadership (very cold leadership) of an awful mind control cult. Much kinder to help one out earlier than they learn the hard way later.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Mr Flipper- Very nice reply. I for one really appreciate the time you take out to talk with me and help me with practical suggestions in my life. You selfless work- yes selfless- is very appreciated.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Stop calling it the truth. At least say that mockingly by putting it in quotes:

There was a prayer, talking about the unity in the Organization and the privilege of having "the Truth."

Also,

I have some big plans.

I wish you well on that. The best plans involve minimizing their impact on your daily life.

• mouthy
    mouthy

RIP Bonafide... You'll be dead and long forgotten before the WTS crumbles in about400 years

I believe the above statement...The WT is not going away. It is getting richer & richer,

As you know my age. You can bring this post up after I am dead also..

My armeggedon will be the day I kick the bucket.I believe it will be all of yours also

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Reniaa,

You have a point there - it does sound malicious. I have often thought about this myself.

Should I take away someone's faith if they're perfectly happy with it? It's different if you live with a JW family member who expects you to be one.

I think it's down to the individual and they're friends. If an individual truly believes that the "truth" is in fact a lie and that the JWs are a cult,he or she might feel justified in exposing the religion for what it is.

If you knew that someone's food was poisoned, would you watch them eat it and enjoy it or would you point out to them that their food is bad.

You see Reniaa, it works BOTH ways.

Jehovah's Witnesses go round to people's doors UNINVITED and attempt to do what BonaFide is doing - change people's faith, which in turn changes their lives and any of their friends and family who don't want anything to do with the JWs is eventually disconnected from them.

• the research lady
    the research lady

Reniaa, here are some quotes from a few Watchtowers you might like. "Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God's law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh and blood family relationship.Watchtower Nov.15,1952 page 703. And how about this one--"Jesus encouraged his followers to love their enemies, but God's word also says to hate what is bad. When a person persists in a way of badness after knowing what is right, when the bad becomes so ingrained that it is an inseparable part of his make-up, then in order to hate what is bad a Christian must hate the person with whom the badness is inseparably linked." Watchtower July 15,1961 page 420. There are several other examples in the literature I won't bother to quote unless you need further proof of who is hating who.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Then the host asked a brother visiting from Russia how he came into the truth. He said he studied with the Witnesses to prove them wrong, and then he became a Witness

He should have studied harder.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Thank you Research lady. the WT sure does preach hatred doesn't it?

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

outlaw:

Snakes..When did you get so frigg`n smart?..First a nice lady in your life,now this..LOL!!

LOL ....having "a nice lady" (which doesn't begin to describe what a great gal she is ) in my life gave me a new clarity on what is truly important my life. "Bringing down the tower" not only dropped to the bottom of my "Bucket List", it dropped off into the abyss of pointless things to do ..where it belongs.........

any time I have in this life I want to spend with her and her son...sappy as that sounds...LOL!!

Snakes ()

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I used to love the get togethers, it was fun. We would also have great food and games. But I did notice that they had their little clicks at picnics etc. I don't know if "Clicks" is the right word, maybe it was just that they knew each other better and felt more comfortable with them.

Anyway, those were the good times..now , want to hear about the "Bad" times?

Snoozy..who can have fun anywhere..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit