I went to a JW get-together last night

by BonaFide 52 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- The reason these witnesses don't see any difference between " the WT society and the Bible " is because they are " cult mind controlled " to believe the WT society IS GOD AND THE BIBLE . To them - it's all the same thing. They are manipulated by mind control to believe this.

It's good you have proactive plans to do something to bring the organization down- but be careful - do it in a covert manner so you won't get outed before you accomplish your aim. I admire your willingness to try to do something - just realize you need to be patient and it won't be easy. But any plan to bring down the WT society is a noble plan in my opinion. It will take time though. Meanwhile be sure to hang out with people on the boards here who can tune you into reality as well . Living in fantasy Witnessland is almost like living every day in Disneyland - surreal

• reniaa
    reniaa

When Jesus came he didn't come and destroy the Jews? or gave them the chance to be part of his new covenant and this then got opened to include the gentiles.

When witnesses preach on the doors they are offering an alternative to Faith from the understanding they have from the bible.

Flipper you tell bonafide he should continue and act against peoples faith?

Are you doing this yourself? or are you one of those whisperers in ears that incite others but do not get involved themselves?

EX-witnesses would get more credit from me if their agenda wasn't always one of hate and destroying or wishing destroyed what they once believed in and nothing else!

Reniaa

• Vinny
    Vinny

I've read enough of your posts now, Bonafide, to truly wonder whether you are full of bologna.

Your posts, all over the site, continue to slip in these kinds of JW remarks:

"The friends there were from three different congregations. The young teenagers sat on the porch and talked amongst themselves. There was a prayer, talking about the unity in the Organization and the privilege of having the Truth. The food was good."

"Then the host asked a brother visiting from Russia how he came into the truth. He said he studied with the Witnesses to prove them wrong, and then he became a Witness. Everyone loved the experience."

"Again, no one talked as if there was any separation between the WT Society and the Bible. It's all one big Truth. Completely interchangeable."

"One thing I like about the Organization is that it encourages us to use our minds, and we don't get into trouble for asking questions, the Organization loves questions like the ancient Bereans did."

"Like he said, "Brothers, this is the truth. We are so close now. We need to read the Bible every day. And meditate. That is the best education, not a PhD. So do not lose your zeal brothers!!! We must continue to preach!!!"

"I enjoyed talking about the New System with other JW's. I go camping and backpacking occasionally, and our group used to talk for hours about what we will do in the New System. It seemed true, that God had a purpose for us to live forever and learn and grow. Petting the lions was just a little part of it. I didn't worry about the details, because I believed that Jehovah God would work that out of course.

You know, that was probably the only Kingdom song that really made me emotional. "If you Keep your Eyes on the Prize." Remember that one? "When eyes of blind ones see again, when ears of deaf ones hear again."

"The audience cried, I mean a lot of people cried when they played some of the songs from the new songbook. Some had Bethel singers who sounded pretty good singing them. So many after the program were saying how touched they were.

Then the new release of the book showing how the book of Acts prefigures the Organization today. More positive and happy comments. I mean the friends really seemed happy.

And then today the Drama, everyone around me seemed to be touched, and there was a ton of applause. I started a couple of conversations after with my car group about the stereotyping in the Drama, and that very few young ones in the Organization have a father who has a business and is a Witness, but my comments didn't seem to have much effect.

Yes, there were a lot of old ones there, and some have died since last year. But the children who are our age, in our 30's and 40's, who were raised in the truth, the majority are still in, and from what I could see at this convention, they seem to be in for life.

I wish I could do something about this, but it's hard when the entire assembly is singing praises about the new releases and experiences.

Any suggestions or comments?"

"Today I went in field service with my best friends, a married couple. They visited me when I was a CO in another area, and when I was in Bethel. They call me all the time, they have helped me with different matters, they just really try to do what they understand is right. They are so excited about theupcoming assembly, and recently visited Bethel for the Gilead Graduation. They are ready at any hour to talk to me. Today in service they talked so excited about new things in the organization, and the husbands talk points, and the bookstudy, etc etc. They love having fun too, and movies and traveling. We call ourselves "realistic" Witnesses.

They really believe in their hearts this is God's organization. And to top it off, THEY ARE VERY SMART."

"For example, we talked about 1914 once, and they simply said, "Well, we leave things in Jehovah's hands. We are positive, not negative about things. We have seen so many people helped by the organization, how could we doubt it?"

"Witnesses show "love" and attention, and the promise of a resurrection. I often applied that to the people in the territory, that we should look out for those grieving, or depressed, and teach them the truth."

"So what about YOUR parents, those of you raised in the "Truth?"

How did THEY become Witnesses? Was it also that they happened to be home one day? How did the Witnesses find them and convince them?"

Or maybe you are still a zealous JW.

"I became a regular pioneer while I was still in High School. I used to set my alarm for 5 am three times a week and walk a few blocks to do streetwork. Hardly anyone on the street, but I felt good about it. I was interviewed on the District Convention about that. A brother Jerry Opris, C.O., from North Carolina interviewed me.

Then I went and served in the Midwest for a couple of years.

Then when I was accepted to MTS and became a missionary, I really tried my best to be zealous. The hourly requirement for a missionary is 140 hours. Missionaries over 60 can put in 130 hours. I think that has changed recently, both lowered by 10. For the first few months I did the 140. I don';t think I missed it even once. After that I wanted to get into the circuit work. My C.O. told me to show the Branch how serious I was. So I started putting in 150 hours a month. Sometimes more.

So finally I was in the Circuit work. The hour requirement for Circuit Overseers was not 90 hours a month. Regular pioneers had to put that time in, but we were told it was OK to put in less if we were shepherding or doing congregation stuff. Now the hours are 70, but I don't know what the hour requirement for C.O.'s is. But even still I put in over a 100 hours each month in service as a C.O. I was in the circuit work for over 7 years.

I would even go in service sometimes on Tuesday mornings. The C.O. starts his visit on Tuesday night, and goes in service on Wednesday, but I wanted to really show I was zealous, so I would go out with the local congregation. And then I would also go in early morning streetwork sometimes. And evening witnessing.

I also wanted to be zealous in studying. I read the Societies publications, I thought that was studying. I read the Bible 5 times total, yes the NWT. I tried to get through the Insight Books, but I didn't make it. I made a "research notebook" where I wrote study projects. I did the Creative Days, the Herods, the Caesars, District Convention Themes, Parallels between Moses and Christ, Governing Body members, Prophecies yet to be fulfilled, Fruitage of the Spirit. I still have that book.

I did have time to relax, but I was sure Armageddon was coming before the year 2000, so I wanted to be as zealous as possible. My conscience would really bother me if I didn't work hard during the week.

What a waste of time. I did think I was serving God, and I did make a lot of friends in my assignment, some I am still in touch with. But I put in thousands of hours of field service, and for what?

So, what about you?

How ZEALOUS were you?

BF"

***** Bonafide, I could literally post HUNDREDS of others just like these! They are all over your the threads that you show up on.

You could write a pro JW BOOK just from your posts here on JWN. They're everywhere.

Sure, you have to throw in a few critical comments here and there as well. Otherwise you'd be get beat up just like Reniaa gets SPANKED AND TROUNCED all the time.

Just so you know, many see what you're doing. And you may get hammered as well soon.

Many people here have suffered tremendous loss at the hands of the Watchtower Society. People have died because of these policies. The closest of family cuts-us-off, all the time . Friends for 20 plus years drop you like yesterday's news.

Many here get judged, labeled and shunned (for life) for simply following their conscience.

You should think about these things before you decide to post one of your walks down JW memory lane.

Vinny

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Ren, when you go banging on the doors of Christians, Muslims, athiests etc., you are there to destroy what those people in believe in, so you are not in a position to criticise.

You are the one that keeps using the word 'hate' around here.

The victims that inhabit these pages don't hate JWs. They hate what the Watchtower Bible and tract Society did to them, and to themselves.

Don't you have any understanding of where you are?

You are on a website populated by victims of a cult, and you are complaining that the victims are victimising their persecutors.

You need professional help.

• flipper
    flipper

RENIAA- I am telling Bonafide to help free fellow Jehovah's Witnesses from the mind control they are under . ALL JW's are under cult mind control- whether you want to admit it or not Reniaa . They just don't realize it - nor do you. And yes - I am involved actively with helping free Jehovah's Witnesses from cult mind control . I am in contact constantly with JW's who have seen the injustices occuring in their beliefs and who have stopped attending meetings - and many of us here on the boards are here to comfort these individuals when they get shunned by their self righteous, unloving, hypocritical witness friends ( like you perhaps ? ) who denounce them for leaving a controlling organization which destroys their authentic personality and keeps them entrapped !

I really don't care if I get credit from you or not Reniaa . I get enough " thank yous" and appreciation from fading witnesses who I and many others are trying to help move on in life to be happy AFTER exiting the witness cult. It's not hateful to help people to break free from what they've believed in - if what they believed in was lies and deception and fantasy. It's a kind thing to point them to positive options

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

BONAFIDE.....outlaw and A @ G are correct ... you are pissing in the wind.

Quite honestly, the only reason I give a $hit what is going on in the Borg is because my mom is still a loyal JW (38 years and counting). she knows a lot of it is BS.... yet, what else does she have in her retirement? It's a social thing, it's a sense of belonging to something, even if the underlying teachings are a crock of $hit.

I stay around this board (and to a lesser extent on a couple of other boards), to do the same thing that someone did for me: be of support.

On the other hand, I spend less time posting or even reading here because I am coming so much closer to my real life goal....becoming an ex-EX JW.... I am moving on with my life. Out of necessity I may DA, even if it hurts my mom. I won't have elduhs sniffing in my business and especially I dont want them stalking my new GF trying to "catch" us in some perceived WT-defined transgression. I won't waste the precious gift that many here have given me: my freedom from the cult.

What I dont understand about Bonafide is why go through the charade? It is pointless. You may be successful in seeing one or two out...about as successful as the WTBTS has in getting them in...... pure chance and circumstance .... but do not fool yourself into thinking that you can do what literally thousands of former witnesses want to do or have even tried to do..... you will not take down the Society on your own.... more connected people have tried and failed. People like Barbara Anderson, Rick Faron, Bill Bowen, Randy Watters, even Danny Hazzard have been at this a hell of a lot longer.... Simon has had this board up for 8+ years, most of it as an anti-JW site (or at least not pro-JW) ...and they aren't bringing WT down.... just putting information out there on the net, letting people like you and I find it....and letting us find our own freedoms.

What will bring down the Society is a) financial collapse or b) attrition or c) a combination of the two.

a) financial collapse. The economy has gone into the toilet multiple times in the past. Many recessions have been weathered by the WTBTS. Hell, the International Bible Students survived the Great Depression. It is going to take something more severe to bring it down. They saved and invested in good times, they still have some foolishly donating their estates.... The Society has taken steps in the last 10-15 years to prepare. They brought in a business analyst that specialized in identifying waste...streamlined operations, continue to do so. At this rate, they can easily exist as a corporation for many generations. Bonafide, you will be maggot meal long before WT goes down.

b) attrition. As the older generation of die hard witnesses dies off, the next generation is not so gung-ho, not so willing to make the sacrifices for the Truthâ„¢ that their parents and grandparents did. Western countries such as the United States, Canada, and Western Europe are already experiencing declines (or slight increases as a result of growth in the foreign language field). As more and more people have access to information on the internet, any one can find out answers to their doubts....or find out about JWs in general...my girlfriend went online to find out about my old religion...and had a lot of questions for me ..... she didnt need to "study" or attend meetings....she just googled. No danger of her ever becoming a dub. There will be less to replace those that die/DA/DF.....

c) combination..... attrition will lead to financial collapse.... and for the same reason as Social Security will collapse in the United States in 25-30 years..... less workers will be supporting the fund..... so too will go the WTBTS....with no donations coming in from the field, and less and less active witnesses to donate or leave large estates, the WTBTS has not been able to continue its crazy building program. The WTBTS has prepared to operate at a considerably leaner capacity...and still dish the B$ NewLight to those remaining. Hell, they have been preparing for Armageddon for 130+ years... they can wait all of us out..

Damn...quarter to 1 am.... my sleep patterns are all out of kilter.... but I had a hell of a good time this weekend...lol....

BOTTOM LINE BONAFIDE...You mean well I think....Hang around here, but go out and get a real life.... JW BBQ's sucked as a believing witness....how much fun can they possibly be now that you have seen behind the curtain? You have my email....stay in touch.

Snakes ()

ps....to reniaa:

You goto a witness do bonafide sit there happily hating them planning to rip the faith from all of these friends of yours after accepting there association and food, this is not loving.

as if this post isn't damn long enough.... Reniaa...I don't agree with you often dear... I do this time.... even if BF tries to justify (in his own mind) this action as some sort of "reverse theocratic warfare" for their own good...it is pretty damn sneaky. And that part about ripping the faith from them...it is why I dont try to anti-witness to my mom....the JWs are all she has...she is in her 60s now.... not fair to rip it away and have nothing in return...that happened to me.... I had to grieve my dead dad all over again because there is no damn Paradise and resurrection to see him again in... no sense in doing that to my mom this late in her life.....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

mr and mrs flipper...

in our conversations on the phone, our emails, PMs, and your many many posts here I have been encouraged as I make my exit from the cult.

It was you who encouraged me to try eHarmony to find someone..it worked for you of course... .... and while after 13 months it never lead to anything long-term for me...it did help me see that dating was possible post-JW.... I went on a few dates, had a good non romantic friend for awhile.... and I realized that I could indeed find someone....and I have..in real life...she was under my nose for 3 years... and so for your encouragement I owe you and so many others that "thank you" that you speak of...

See, Bonafide, this is how you help.... not by trying to slay the dragon, but by helping those see that there is life after the Borg.....

Snakes ()

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

See, Bonafide, this is how you help.... not by trying to slay the dragon, but by helping those see that there is life after the Borg.....

Snakes ().................................Snakes..When did you get so frigg`n smart?..First a nice lady in your life,now this..LOL!!........................Bonafide..Snakes is right.............................OUTLAW

• Johnnytwofeet
    Johnnytwofeet

It's hard for me to believe that this board is being suckered by this charlatan. WHat happened to you people? You used to chew these phonies up and spit them out. Bonafide, you may be running a double agent scam here, but it's not the witnesses you're scamming, it's this board.

You don't fool me.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Thanks Vinny and Johnnytwofeet for your comments.

I posted here hours ago and my internet service went down as I hit enter.

I don't know who is more strange, reniaa or Bonafide.

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit