"Bearing Thorough Witness" book: New light about Governing Body

by kurtbethel 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

TheOldHippie said: Here in Europe, the GB members are "strangers" to us, we perhaps come to see a couple of them a couple of time in our life.... So they do not have any direct influence or bearing on us. Of course we use the same literature and have the same meetings - but the GB members as such are totally unimportant to us, they play no part in our lives. I find that it seems to be far more of a reverence towards them among the - present and previous - JWs posting. So a statement that they are not leaders - is nothing new over here, it is self-evident, it goes without saying. They are not my leaders, I have a leader - Jesus.

While I understand that you don't see them as a leader standing right in front of you... Jesus isn't standing right in front of you telling you what to do either. I assure you, if you are a JW, the GB are making life and death decisions for you. You don't really think it's the local BoE that decides that whole blood is a sin and fractions are okay, do you? That's a decision that is made in Brooklyn... then later changed in Brooklyn. You may never see one of them in the flesh or hear one speak in person, but they are making decisions that influence how you spend time, what you read, what you wear, what you think, who you do or don't speak to... every single day.

When they print things like, "Its members do not regard themselves as the leaders of Jehovah's people", you better understand that they are just expressing their "humility". Because that statement means that "Jehovah does regard them as the leaders of his people," and it means "the sheeple regard its members as the leaders of Jehovah's people"! It's flimsy, transparent, mock humility at its worst. When they print their pictures more and more frequently it reveals that they intend to be recognized anywhere they encounter dubs. They expect you to genuflect... on the inside.

These are men that will tell you what Jesus wants you to do. That's their idea of not being leaders of the dubs, "do as Jesus tells you (through us) to do."

B the X

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Passwordprotected: Not trying to hijack this thread or anything but..."Pete Tong"? What does that mean???

• booby
    booby

dead-on Billy. Notice Billy with a capital P.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

I hear you, Billy, load and clear. And it is THE dilemma, I get it. I've chosen a hard road, trying the Stafford path, and it is a tough one. I hear you, and at the same time I hear me. Not easy.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    LEADER
    Noun

S: (n) leader (a person who rules or guides or inspires others)

So how are they NOT leaders, again? They dictate policy and doctrine (rules, check). They provide council and direction to, not only all elders and servants, but to every JW as well (guides, check). They, at least try to, inspire the "flock" to do everything they can to "serve Jehovah" (inspires, check).

So they not only do any one of these things, but they do it all--they are in every sense of the word, leaders for all JWs.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

Any thought that this is simply a legal statement? Sounds like the thought of getting rid of the PO. This has Legal department all over it.

Or perhaps it is just more wiggle room for false teachings.

But disagree with them....

• villabolo
    villabolo

Does not the mere fact that they call themselves "Governing Body" contradict their claim not to be leaders? To govern means to lead. Indeed, the word govern has a stronger meaning than mere leadership. It involves the sovereign exercise of authority over people.

For every finger the Governing Body points up to God (or the Holy Spirit) there are three more pointing down to themselves.

• oompa
    oompa

I thought the annointe were "taking the lead" in the preaching and teaching work?!?!?...........duh.......that would make them LEADERS would it not???

and if they are not frikkin leaders.......then what the heck are they?....what would they call themselves??.........i see a real problem here for these guys.......they call themselves SLAVES (barf) an yet what slave could take the LEAD in ANYTHING??.........makes no sense...........oompa

and ditto password.........great quote you found on leadership.......lmao.......they provide leadership without leading?!?!?......too funny

• wobble
    wobble

Pete Tong is rhyming slang for "wrong" which is what the GB is about most everything.

love

Wobble

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

First of all, the GB is handing out the same bullshit that they have been doing for decades. In fact, it’s worse than bullshit, it is an outright LIE. It gets more unbelievable every year to see how low they sink morally in order to keep their grip on the remaining, and increasingly stupid, JW’s. The issue with JW’s used to be mainly about IQ, particularly their lack of a normal level. It now involves mental illness and moral corruption. This is so ironic when you consider that the main thrust of their beliefs hinges on morality. They claim to have the highest level of morality and claim that all others have little or none. It’s pathetic that the JW’s are about the worst religion in the world, which makes them the biggest hypocrites in the world.

The GB does NOT “rely on God’s holy spirit for direction”. They wouldn’t recognize Holy Spirit if it hit them in the face. And the GB absolutely DOES consider itself to be the leaders of the JW’s. Notice I didn’t say “Jehovah’s people”, since the JW’s and the WT are NOT Jehovah’s people, if he exists. (I’m still an agnostic.) And although many JW’s consider the dwindling numbers of WT members to be a “sifting work”, what is really occurring is that the most ignorant JW’s are rapidly becoming the only people who wish to remain in this baby-raping cult.

As many have mentioned, just try to NOT obey each and every last rule the GB makes and see what happens to you. If the GB were not the leaders, then no one would listen to them. We all know that’s not the case in the WT. The GB are considered to be gods. I knew many of them personally because I lived near NYC for 40 years. I know how they act, how they think, and what they think of themselves and others. They are arrogant, obnoxious, and immoral slimeballs. They will do anything to get their way and keep the power and glory that they think they have.

Reniaa, you give the GB too much credit. I can assure you that Blondie knows all of the ins and outs of this issue. You sound like you believe that the WT is God’s only people. If so, you are sadly mistaken. The Pope is no more arrogant than the GB. I’ve known JW’s for 40 years and have held most positions in the congregation when I used to be one. I now work to expose the WT’s wicked policies on child abuse, having had my only child molested and raped by a known pedophile. And please don’t even attempt to defend the GB on that issue since you’ll get flamed to death if you try.

The GB is not wise and they are not faithful. They are wicked men, as are many elders. It’s all about glory, power, and politics. I’ve seen it all. I’m 60 years old and I have a BA in Psychology and the GB members are classic mental cases. I suggest you review the past ten years or so of comments since you are so new as a poster here. The GB’s teachings are NOT in line with the Bible. If they were, why do they change them every other year? And don’t quote “new light”. That expression has nothing to do with the errors of the GB. If you still believe in Jesus, then follow the Bible if you wish. That means that the GB can all be fired today and no one should complain, correct?? I doubt that you or any JW would accept that as okay, would you??

The Bible does not defend or allow for the GB’s actions nor even for its existence. You should read “Captives of a Concept” as well as Ray Franz’s book “Crisis of Conscience”. I don’t think you are that familiar with many of the things that have happened in the past 30 years or so.

I think you’ve been given a lot to reconsider concerning your beliefs and the faulty proofs you rely upon to defend them. I’ll leave you with one last quandary. If the GB are spirit anointed or spirit guided (depending on which article you read) then why do they have to have a “vote” whenever they are considering changing a policy or doctrine? If holy spirit was guiding them, shouldn’t all 8 or ten (or however many) of them ALL come to the same viewpoint once they pray over the matter?? Why is the vote often 7 yes and 5 no?? I don’t understand why they would take opposite sides of ANY issue if God’s spirit is guiding them. If they can’t agree the first time among themselves, then what use are they at all?? They aren’t needed then, are they??

I hope you will be able to soon see the real “truth” concerning this perverted cult, hopefully before you are negatively affected by them as so many others have been. I wish you well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit