Where do you stand?

by vikesgirl101 24 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Born-in, never baptised as a jw, left over 20 years ago.

My parents are jws.

Josie

• llbh
    llbh

Faded. Some family in. Faded gradually . Last meeting about 5 years ago

Regards David

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Escaped the tower in 83. New it wasnt the truth in 76. Took 7 more years to figure

out how to just say no. Have more info in my profile.

• lalaa
    lalaa

I was DF'd in 2000 and reinstated in 2001....I only came back to make my mom feel better.

I faded in 2004 and havent been to a memorial in 4 years. My mom was DF'd in 2007. I have no family in the WTS so I'm very fortunate to not have to deal with the shunning bull crap.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Df'd for almost 21 years...more info in my bio.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Disfellowshipped for apostacy 30 years ago. I have no family in the JWs which made things simpler.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

Neither DA'ed or DF'ed and officially I'd say I'm considered inactive. I've tried swithcing some congregations to make it easier to fade but my fanatical dub father always manages to sick the elders on me to "encourage" me. So I'm stuck going to the Memorials and a meeting or two...like when the CO visits. I never attend all the assemblies though, thankfully.

Only reason I don't tell the WT to kiss my @$$ is because all my immediate family are dubs.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Born in and left in 2005. It will be 4 years in October since I attended my last meeting. Now, I'm a witch who practices Wicca. I have never been happier.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

I am still an active Witness, I am undercover to help friends and family get out. Limited success so far, but trying.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I figured in 1995 that when they changed the definition of "this generation" something was wrong.
    I was a new elder and tried to put it behind me, then tried hard to do the right things according to how I understood them.
    I supported the doctrine publicly, but I gave advice/counsel as an elder based on trying to make things easier on people and not based on supporting the WT rules. I secretly studied "secular" thoughts on the scriptures- particularly looking to see if WTS was wrong.

Finally, in 2006 I left the "title" of elder and started fading from meetings. My wife is a die-hard JW, and my mother is a die-hard JW still.
    That's why I didn't just get DA'ed or DF'ed. I wrote a letter of resignation as an elder stating many doubts about supporting the Governing Body when I didn't really "know" them as many older magazines insist of the members. I got to tell off the C.O. when he visited after that. He didn't have time to talk to me because he had dinner plans. I told him not to worry about the 1 lost sheep, but to go be with the 99. I started turning in "Zero Hours" on my field service slip from there.

I completely faded out by the Spring of 2007, having gone to the 2007 Memorial, then the 2008 Memorial but nothing in-between. I haven't been to a meeting since that Memorial over a year ago. I occasionally drop the wife at the Kingdom Hall. My path crosses that of her JW associates now and then. They say "they miss me" and I say "You have my phone number" or "Let's do lunch. Let's set it up now." Nobody calls and I haven't had offers for the lunch yet.

While I dragged my feet for years, if I were still at the meetings, the 2008 change in "this generation" again would have caused me to walk out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit