Wow, they just came to my door for the first time in

by beksbks 48 Replies latest jw friends

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I have had the same reaction. I've been officially out since 1993...faded for 2 years before that. I've only had that reaction when they have come to my door...not when I run into one somewhere else... I shake and my heart pounds and it takes a while for it to go away once they leave.

I'm not conflicted at all. Mostly I just feel sorry for them.... I'm really not sure what the reaction is about....but I know exactly what you are talking about.

Coffee

• JeffT
    JeffT

For the first few years after we left, they avoided our house like the plague. Then we moved into the country and I talked to JW's only once in seven years. They came by a couple of years ago, nice older gentlemen. My reaction was sadness for them. I talked to them about Jesus mediatorship for a minute. They didn't think I knew what I was talking about.

We've been at our current place for over two years and they have yet to get here. I'll find something to hit them with when they show up.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life
    I'm not conflicted at all. Mostly I just feel sorry for them.... I'm really not sure what the reaction is about....but I know exactly what you are talking about.

I feel exactly the same as you, coffee.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Damn OUTLAW! Ol' Reniaa is gonna cry herself to sleep tonight for sure.

I feel very sorry for them when I see them, and wouldn't speak abusively to any of the R&F that might come to my door...but there are a couple of Assholes(Elders) that have a date with destiny.

BTW, The bitch-slap portion of my palm(the entire palm) was renamed "destiny" several years ago.

sooner

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    we are just ordinary people who worship our God Jehovah through his son Jesus christ

According to YOUR god Jehovah, or the people who claim to speak for him to you, your @$$ is grass just for reading this sight, much less posting on it. I believe you're a snert or troll, otherwise you wouldn't have your picture posted. I always skip over your posts. I think I will continue to do so and let someone else continue to argue with you.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I don't think Reniaa is a JW, even with that quote above with the "we are just ordinary..."

She doesn't have the venacular or use the terms of JW's. She disputes organization procedure that is common knowledge to all of us who have actually been in, and in for years at that. To be sure, she has some connection, but if she was a JW, she would not be hanging out at DB's; she would be active in congregation activites.

I think there is some reason she is not in, and this is her contribution, to defend the JW's in lieu of actually being one. I skip the posts also, because she knows not of what she speaks, at least about the WBTS. It doesn't even sound like she goes to meetings.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Is she even a she?

• Brocephus
    Brocephus

Beks: That was me I confess. Some things you said got me mad on another thread so I signed you up for the "free bible study". All I can say is next week I hope you like boys on bikes in black ties. I bet you didn't know Jesus came to America, LOL. <tongue pressed firmly in cheek>

Reniaa:

reality that is we are just ordinary people who worship our God Jehovah through his son Jesus christ

You are F*ck'n kidding me right? I think you are pretty sincere about most of the things you say but the JW's don't worship God or believe in Christ. Most of their beliefs are based on twisting prophecies from the Old Testament that were already fulfilled and some how compiling that with flawed logic and out of context verse with the New Testament. I feel sorry for you Reniaa that you can't see how confused your mind is. It is like an alzheimer's patient losing grasp so it reaches back into the past and does anything it can to connect the dots. You're like my Grandpa who forgot he went to the grocery store and it's 1990 so his brain finds an Asian man's face in the crowd and computes that it must me 1945 and he is Okinawa again. You need to get professional deprogramming.

Really what do we have to win by changing you or any other JW's mind? We get no service hours, no points with the Service Overseer for it. We are just being people and trying to be nice and supportive. Furthermore why do you come here? I have the answer, If you aren't crazy its your need to feel important. Sex and the need to feel important are the two biggest motivators in human nature. You come here thinking you are dodging spiritual attacks from apostates and coming out on top. It makes you feel important like our mission is to convert you. Truth (there's a scary word eh) is it doesn't matter what you do. We don't need you to change to belive what we know, but you need us to be who you think we are (worldy, evil, etc) in order for you to believe the Watchtower is the truth.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    the propaganda of this site is very strongly anti-witness so your dealing with a lot of intense confliction and reality that is we are just ordinary people who worship our God Jehovah through his son Jesus christ

For once, Reniaa, I half way agree with you. The rank and file among the jws do believe that they are worshipping God through Christ. But unfortunately, they aren't fully aware of the abuse that occurs within the congregation or the organization's cruel indifference to it. The WB&TS covered up and ignored me when I was a molested child and a battered wife and then threw me away when I was running for my life. If jws ever come to my door, I will tell them the same. After all, there are many women and children in their congregation who have suffered or will suffer the very same fate. If the jws ever choose to come to my door with their version of the "good news", I feel obligated to share the real truth with them.

That being said, the only contact I've had with non-family jws were elders that came to my door several years ago when I lived in another town and had a different last name. I was creeped out, because they asked for me by name. I told them I wasn't interested in returning and advised them to stay away from my home for their own safety, as my fiance felt very protective of me. Having never been a jw, he thought all jw men were child molesters, wife beaters, or both.

Thanks to most of you guys on this board, I am no longer fearful and feel like a survivor rather than a victim. And my husband realizes that not all jws are whackos but that the smart ones learn to resist the mind control and live their own lives.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

"I shake and my heart pounds and it takes a while for it to go away once they leave."

Ditto. I wonder if it's PTSD (mild form, of course)?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit