Wow, they just came to my door for the first time in

by beksbks 48 Replies latest jw friends

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I had a near panic attack when after I left, an old missionary couple who moved back to my area were walking around the supermarket. They didn't notice me (I think), but I noticed them, and I sat in the car for 30 minutes, my heart was just racing....

That was when I first left. Since then, I have moved to a new area where no one knows me. It is so much easier to know that even when I see a JW (which I do frequently) I am now off their radar....

It will never leave you. But I like what you said Beks, most JW's are sincere/nice, so its good to distinguish between the loathing we all have for the GB and the hiearchy which attempts to control everyone, and the sheeples who have bought in and are just doing their best. I used to be a sincere sheeple, doing what I thought was right. It's hard to hate them when I used to be them....

• The Berean
    The Berean

I believe that many former JWs actually are showing a form of love by not attempting to destroy the "sandcastles in their mind" that current members still build and hold worship in. You showed them a great courtesy and restraint by not venting. In my opinion, it is because you are likely anchored and secure ... plus it's a course of practical wisdom, we know that any point of view contrary to their script will be belittled ... and who needs more of that!

• Dagney
    Dagney

Boy, I know what you mean. {{{{shiver}}}}

I have a bit of contact lately, calls from an elder friend on the east coast, two emails this month from an elder missionary...they don't talk about anything JW or ask anything...and actually I know they care (in their own way), but it just saps my energy for some reason and gives me the heebie jeebies.

• 1914BS
    1914BS

That feeling you get is because some mind controled humans are standing on your step.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It`s going to be scary for all of you who are New to being out of the JW Cult.....Thats normal.....It gets better as time go`s on..In time it just won`t matter anymore......................OUTLAW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I believe that many former JWs actually are showing a form of love by not attempting to destroy the "sandcastles in their mind" that current members still build and hold worship in. You showed them a great courtesy and restraint by not venting.

I agree with this, its how I feel. I personally believe there is nothing to be gained when a JW comes up to you and they don't know what you do. To let them have it does little good.

Dagney, I feel you when you say that it saps the energy out of you to deal with them. I am so happy I see so few on occasions..... Most days, I feel like I have a life free from the stain of JW's....

• reniaa
    reniaa

the propaganda of this site is very strongly anti-witness so your dealing with a lot of intense confliction and reality that is we are just ordinary people who worship our God Jehovah through his son Jesus christ

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

beksbks:

I understand your feelings. I get all shook up around them too. And I've been out for decades and I have never been a JW in this state. I especially get this way around my extended family that are still JWs.

Or a year ago, I was at my deceased mother's house cleaning it out getting it ready to go on the market. I had just thrown out all her old JW literature that went back to the early 1950's which already had brought a rush of strange emotions. Wouldn't you know it but a car group of JWs were walking down the street at that time? Really weird! Two of them were a couple that looked to be in their 70s. My heart started pounding because I was afraid that it might be a couple that I had known from my childhood. The group stood at my mother's driveway for a few minutes like they were trying to decide who to send to my mother's door. ( Do they keep track of where faded JWs live?)

Anyway, they sent two younger men to the door, people that I definitely didn't know. But for some reason if that couple had been someone that I knew I would have been very emotional.

We have all been traumatized.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

the propaganda of this site is very strongly anti-witness so your dealing with a lot of intense confliction and reality that is we are just ordinary people who worship our God Jehovah

as defined by the GB thru the WT. We are not anti witness. The witness is a captive, a misguided person lost in a cult. What we are against is the org leadership who have abused the members spiritually in the worst way.

• wobble
    wobble

Wise comments from all,

I believe it is wrong to attack the poor sheeple who calls at your door,he/she is as deluded as we once were,or perhaps more so, I think any who have joined in say the last 20 years, have no concept of what went before , and believe all the propaganda about apostates etc, so they need treating with love,respect and vey very carefully.

I am not in the position to be called on, all the local Dubs know where I live and avoid me, but I had a similar feeling of panic when I was suddenly confronted by members of my family , when I didn't expect it.

They are all super-dubs, ex pionsneers elders etc. my mouth went dry and I panicked about the right thing to say, I love these guys as family, and I didn't want to put their Aposta-Radar on alert.

I think I did fairly well, but since then they have only treated me as they would a family member who had never been a Witness, suits me, but no discussion of religion is strange, I left them with the plea to treat me like someone they had just met on the doors, they had made the (Monumental claim) that they had the true religion, and I had replied "Please prove to me that yours is the true religion"

Now if these long serving (60 years plus) people REALLY believed they had the true religion, don't you think they would try to prove it to me, their own flesh and blood?

I have heard nothing yet. How queer.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit