Must see video on Youtube where a JW is clearly defeated on the trinity subject...

by Tuesday 347 Replies latest watchtower bible

• middleman
    middleman

Mad Dawg, Great posts!!!

• besty
    besty

besty wrote:

If you don't have a better answer than that can I assume you are conceding the inconsistency of translation?

Pilchard replies:

I spend virtually all my time arguing from several translations, occasionally including the Greek texts where appropriate. Inever use the NWT in debating the Bible or JW doctrine. Therefore I have had less reason to examine the underlaying Greek in any detail.

All translations have their limitations and none are perfect. However I am more interested in debating doctrine rather than translations

seems a strange approach given that this is a JW discussion forum, but perhaps speaks to the quality of the NWT?

In this case of the trinity and JW's the translation is a product of the doctrine - to disregard the effect of the NWT prevents you from engaging in a properly informed debate on the doctrine. No?

Oh well - I guess that just leaves me with Reniaa.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

So to understand trinity-God I have to go to the catholic dictionary?

Silly me! when trying to understand God I thought you only needed to goto the bible ^^

Yes. In order to understand the doctrine as taught by a specific church, you have to look to the literature of that church.

Understanding what they teach doesn't mean you have to believe them.

You don't even understand that many of the scriptures you quote to debunk the Trinity, were actually used to form the doctrine, so do not contradict it at all. Until you understand the doctrine, you will continue to make these mistakes. While you are making these mistakes, your efforts to drag us Apostates out of our 'ignorance' are doomed to failure.

The definition of the Trinity in the Catholic Encyclopedia is not dissimilar to the doctrine as taught by most protestants and evangelicals, including Bible Jim.

Silly me! when trying to understand God I thought you only needed to goto the bible ^^

Are you admitting that you don't need the WT?

Cheers

Chris

• reniaa
    reniaa

hi yizuman sorry about the late reply.

To be honest I accept only the bible as authority on talking about things that are purely speculation if the bible doesn't say it.

And the bible doesn't say anywhere there are 3 Gods in one this is a man-made thing that needs man-made words to describe it.

and thats why I don't support trinitarian viewpoint and probably why sir Isaac newton didn't or milton, or arius, throughout history a small numbers of earnest bible followers have kept believing in Jehovah as our god and loving Jesus his son as our saviour and king we do not needs reams of rhetoric to explain our views on scripture John 17:3

Reniaa

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

reniaa, you're not answering the question....

"Can you limit the ability of what God can and cannot do?"

Yes or no?

Thanks

Yiz

• reniaa
    reniaa

isaac polytheism is worshiping many gods what you describe is there already but 3 never equals one the biggest flaw is the bible never says 3 equals one, only men do.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Wow! 10 pages. I thought I settled the problem, their is only one god Allah.

1. [16.22] Your God is one God; so (as for) those who do not believe m the hereafter, their hearts are ignorant and they are proud.
    2. [16.51] And Allah has said: Take not two gods, He is only one God; so of Me alone should you be afraid.
  • Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Pilchard,

Out of all the gods, Christians have only one God, the Father.

I am following Christ and He is my God, just like Thomas

John 20:28 (New International Version)

28 Thomas said to him, "My Lord and my God!"

Now, I assume you have have time to read the three chapters in Revelation? Anyhow, here is a heads up.

Revelation 1 (New International Version)

Prologue

1 The revelation of Jesus Christ

7 Look, he is coming with the clouds,
    and every eye will see him,
    even those who pierced him
    ;
    and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen.

8 "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

12 I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and among the lampstands was someone "like a son of man,"dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. 15 His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.

17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: "Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Revelation 20 (New International Version)

6 He said to me: "It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. John 4:13 7 He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. Isaiah 9:6

Revelation 21 (New International Version)

12 "Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

16 "I, Jesus, have sent my angel to give you this testimony for the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, and the bright Morning Star."

20 He who testifies to these things says, "Yes, I am coming soon."
    Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.
    So who is the Alpha and the Omega? All the best, Stephen

• Yizuman
    Yizuman

Anti-Christ why should we be afraid of God (Allah)?

Genesis 26:24
    That night the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am the God of your father Abraham. Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bless you and will increase the number of your descendants for the sake of my servant Abraham."

Deuteronomy 31:8
    The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."

Luke 2:10
    But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

John 14:27
    Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

You fear Allah because if you feel like you're not good enough, you won't gain eternal life. That's sad.

Yiz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    And the bible doesn't say anywhere there are 3 Gods in one this is a man-made thing that needs man-made words to describe it.

This is exactly what I am talking about. The Catholic Church and Bible Jim and the evangelicals and the protestants, etc. do not teach '3 Gods in one' either.

Try debating the doctrine they do teach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit