Super serious question

by 5thGeneration 50 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Hey, sorry everyone.

That was crappy of me to leave you hangin'

I usually stay away from the boards when the "Truth" pressure and anxiety builds to a crushing level but it was inconsiderate to post and not check back this long. I apologize.

Yup, the guilt and fear is building to a crescendo.

Not sleeping at night. Phone/doorbell rings and I hide. Scared to talk with my parents.

Kind of embarrassing at the same time because I'm such a strong guy in every other area of life. Ah, such is the power of the WT.

Somethings got to give though soon and it can't be my mental or physical health anymore but the thought of spilling my guts to my century "truth' family is just still over the top.

I know that a therapist is in my future. I'm going to give it a lot of thought.

Thanks for all of your advise, concern and kind words.

Again, my apologies.

LONG LIVE THE WATCHTOWER!

5th

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

LONG LIVE THE WATCHTOWER!

To hell with the WTS. along with their innate corruption !

Long live 5th Generation your a important and precious part of humanity thats worth thousand times more than that corrupt religious Publishing House !

Walk away in peace and happiness

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Hang in there 5th!

Along with the good advice and support you've already got, I'll add this... Take care of yourself. Eat a balanced diet, additional vitamins as needed. Keep busy with productive work. Exercise. If you go to your doctor or a psychiatrist you can get anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds. They've helped many of us, but the good ones usually take some time to start working on the physical symptoms, and you'll still need therapy to work over the issues.

Not sleeping can become a big problem. It's both a symptom of depression, and to some extent a cause of depression. Over-the-counter stuff doesn't work for me, it actually keeps me awake. I rarely take 1/2 tablet of prescription and it does the trick.

I've been very busy lately, but I'll PM my info if you need to talk, and you think I can help.

B the X

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

5th!!!

Holy moly am I glad to see you! I am so glad you checked in.

uhm... not to be a "naggin' Momma" or anything, but please do check in more often and keep us posted! Dang I guess this weird cyber-family can be pretty demanding, huh?

Hang in there. It gets better, SO VERY MUCH BETTER, I promise!

Love!
    Baba

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Listen and take advise from Billy the EX , he's a good guy and a wise one too

Take care 5th

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Yup, the guilt and fear is building to a crescendo.

Not sleeping at night. Phone/doorbell rings and I hide. Scared to talk with my parents.

Hey, thanks for checking in. I went through this after my exit, it was pure hell. I was so fortunate to have this resolved as I moved!!!

Hang in there,

purps

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Hey 5th, like purps, I moved too, across the country, and it has been the absolute best thing I could have ever done for my life. A fresh start, peace of mind, blissful anonymity when I see Jehovah's Witnesses in the area who have no idea I have any history with their organization! You should give it some thought! Being able to truly live your life is worth the cost!

Hang in there, we love you; and like Baba said we are a weird online family, but the fact that we are all going through the same kinds of peculiar things thanks to the WT organization means we have an understanding of one another that others do not.

x,

Rachel

• Simon
    Simon
    Hey 5th, like purps, I moved too, across the country, and it has been the absolute best thing I could have ever done for my life. A fresh start, peace of mind, blissful anonymity when I see Jehovah's Witnesses in the area who have no idea I have any history with their organization! You should give it some thought! Being able to truly live your life is worth the cost!

We moved too ... all the way to Canada (from the UK). Not just because of the whole WTS thing but it has been good to move on and leave all of the relatives and 'friends' who only want to shun you behind.

Life has never been better and we now have some great true friends.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Like Purps, Goddess and Sir Simon, I moved. In my case, I happened to move during the time I was having doubts. The move and the doubts were completely unrelated and unintentional, but in retrospect, it certainly made my fade possible.

Distance helps strengthen the heart, shall we say.

Love,
    Baba.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Allow me to agree with the benefits of moving. I moved, and it has helped a ton.

Nice to hear from you, please know that it WILL get better, even if the reaping of a better future starts with plowing the hard soil from a JW past. It's worth the effort, and the endurance. Plus, you will get the greatest benefit and gift of all, yourself. It doesn't come easy, but it will come in time....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit