Super serious question

by 5thGeneration 50 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Please NO sarcastic crap from mean members.

I had a family member kill herself over being raised by a C.O. who told her that it ruined their life and that she was a mistake.

I have a 10 page report from a psychiatrist back, who was also a JW, in the eighties that is pretty incredible.

Now, I was also born JW with a 100 year "truth" heritage to cause me the same guilt.

And it may be drivng me the same way. But I don't want that!

I feel the same way my aunt felt. She's been gone none for 22 years.

I'm thinking of going to a shrink and was wondering what the best book to give them would be.

If anyone can help me I wsould appreciate it!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

I wish you all the healing in the world!

I have no book to recommend, but I think if you believe in heaven, you can be sure that your relative from a hundrend years ago believed they were going, and wouldn't recognize the organizaion you are leaving as the one they joined! Maybe they and your dear aunt are helping lead you out.

I wonder that about my grandpa after he died. That was when we really started having more doubts and there was a feeling of an angel and a demon fighting over our household! I wonder if God sent him to fight for us and help break us free. Keep fighting. You can overcome this!

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Hey 5thGeneration,

I don't want that to happen to you!

Do you mean a book that will help your therapist to understand the unique JW/ex-JW plight?

~GoddessRachel

• myself
    myself

Hi 5th G....big hug to you!

Maybe even a link to this site would be helpful, or to freeminds. There are more life experiences on here for them to see then you would find in any book. Not just the experiences but also the cases of hypocrisy and the control used by using your family to keep you in etc.

• GoddessRachel
    GoddessRachel

Well, assuming in the moment that you are asking for a book that will help your therapist understand what you are going through, I would recommend one called 10 Steps to Emotional Freedom After Being a Jehovah's Witness by Beth S. and you can purchase it through lulu.com.

It's short and really sums up well the emotional torture that the WT organization puts you through.

On a personal note, I struggle with feelings of suicide (and actually thought everyone did at one point or another in their lives, but maybe those of us who have the added struggle of JWism can be more susceptible to this). And I would like to implore you to please keep fighting. You CAN overcome these feelings, and you CAN feel happier with your life. It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem. It's not the answer.

~GR

EDITED: The website is lulu.com (not luna!) - sorry about that - lulu.com.

• GoddessRachel
  • BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh dear gods, 5thGeneration... I am so very sorry; I don't know what to say. It is truly stunning and beyond words what some of us have endured due to the Watchtower society.

I recently started a thread about me giving "Combatting Cult Mind Control" to my counselor as a gift, because she just didn't "get it". She didn't seem to get it after, either. I am beginning to wonder if this public forum is better help than a counselor... I am still open to finding one for myself.

Also, Rebel 8 recently put together a nice handout for counselors... I will go and find it for you. (Kudos and thanks again~ Rebel 8)

Love and strength to you in the meantime...
    Baba.

Edited to say... well I'll be ding-danged! Goddess Rachel has already pointed you to Beth S., and Beth is our very own Rebel 8! Here is her FREE download that I was referring to!

http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/comparison-chart-emotional-abuse-and-high-control-groups/7050980

This one is very cool because even if they DON'T specialize in cult recovery, they can see how simply it breaks down into being compared with any abusive relationship and/or high control group. I think it might put it in terms they can understand.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Baba,

If I ever actually shown you'd actual transcript..YOU'D BE BLOWN AWAY!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

5th...? I think it might be time for a PM. I'll be working on it... check in a bit.

Love,
    Baba.

• carla
    carla

I'm sorry for your situation. Your therapist should know what they are dealing with concerning leaving this cult. Check with Randy @ Freeminds (he posts here as dogpatch) and he may have some suggestions for you, Lady Lee also may have great suggestions for you, also try Rebel8 she may be of help for you too. You may want to check out Steve Hassan's site for suggestions for therapists as well. Wishing you peace.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit