** Asking the Hard Questions **

by FlyingHighNow 73 Replies latest jw friends

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

I remember a poster the Episcopal church had at one time, a crown of thorns with the caption that read something similiar to:

"He died to take away your sins, not your mind"

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, it's a church where you don't check (like checking/hanging your coat ) your brain at the door.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

FHN

It is not loving to try to force people to love God by scaring them with hell or destruction.

Really. Then why did Jesus do it? I guess you think Jesus wasn't loving.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Maybe your Jesus did this, but doesn't mean the real one did.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

FHN

Maybe your Jesus did this, but doesn't mean the real one did.

The Jesus in the bible did! What other Jesus are you talking about?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

FHN

If someone is headed for danger, What would be the "loving" thing to do? Let them go unwarned? Or warn them?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dep, I don't think the danger is from God. God won't hurt his children. They do enough of that themselves.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

FHN

Dep, I don't think the danger is from God. God won't hurt his children.

What do you base you thoughts on? Who is a child of God? Jesus told the Pharisees they were children of the devil.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

If you are a fundamentalist, you probably do buy all that hook, line and sinker, the hell bit. I'm not one who buys that God would ever find it necessary to torture any of his children forever. You have to believe the entire Bible is gospel truth to espouse that type of violent God. I am not a fundamentalist Christian, Dep. I've known since I was a small child that God could not be violent like that towards his creatures, faitfhul or not. Save your arguments for someone who wants to be terrified, please. You'll reach more people with a God of love than you will with one of horrors and torture.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

FHN

I'm not one who buys that God would ever find it necessary to torture any of his children forever.

I agree he doesn't send his children to hell to be tortured. Again how do you know you are one of his children. Was Hitler one of God's children?

I've known since I was a small child that God could not be violent like that towards his creatures, faitfhul or not.

Who told you this? What do you base it on?

So your "god of love" isn't a god of justice?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit