Shutting down the Judicial Committee "invite".

by kairos 64 Replies latest jw friends

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Kairos,

Sorry you're going through this.

Nothing quite demonstrates their complete lack of love as much as a letter like that.

It only further proves what I always say: It's a cult!

• kairos
    kairos

I've known that elder for many years.
    Quite possibly the biggest asshole in all of our area with three English halls.

I was in that hall for a while.

He prides himself on being an excellent Convention speaker. It's all in his arrogant mind, though.
    His talks were boring and terrible.

• kairos
    kairos

They DF'd her last night.

I got a chance to see her today. She is able to roll with this completely.
    She completely ignored them all the way. ( which is amazing )

Side effect, another one of her children quit the meetings as result of this madness.

I envy the closure. Time to enjoy freedom as well as gaining one's life!

Do active JWs understand how this all takes place?

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Judicial Committee Hearings (and Appeals) are not legal proceedings. Also, no one is coerced to continue to be part of the JW community. From the heart, a person chooses to become a JW, and from the heart such person is accepted as a fellow (member).
  • kairos
    kairos

As my situation has changed and an elder tried to get me to meet with them, I asked my wife to deliver this to the elder today, which she did.

Here's the first part.

Dear Brothers,

The purpose of this letter is to clarify certain matters and to secure and protect what I, Kairos Trekkor Wills, consider basic human rights in dealing with agents of the multinational Watchtower corporations.

Since you have asked me to respond to charges in what could escalate into a judicial committee, there are a few things that I must ask for and which I feel must be clarified before I consider meeting with the elders, judicially or otherwise:

1. I shall be notified in writing of any accusations against me, the names of persons making such accusations and the substance of all evidence against me.

2. I shall be notified in writing of the exact purpose of the meetings.

3. I shall be notified in writing of the time, place and purpose of any meetings with the elders, judicially or otherwise.

4. I shall be notified in writing exactly on whose behalf the judicial committee was convened and is acting: the Oak Knoll Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses or its legal corporation, the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses or its legal corporations, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc., the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc., the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, the International Bible Students Association or any other agency not here named.

PM me if you want the rest.
    I received the template here and it is proving to be exactly what I needed. I was carrying it around with me ready to hand it to any elder I might find. This is better, as what's he going to do, refuse it from my JW wife that attends the meetings?

That would be weird. "I cannot accept that letter".

No calls yet and my wife seems to indicate they got the message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit