If WT have the legal right to stone us...would they do it???

by JustHuman14 46 Replies latest jw friends

• villabolo
    villabolo

mraimondi, your bringing up doctrinal changes does not take into consideration the fact that JWs could pretty much take a 180 degree turn on any doctrine that they choose. It is psychology not doctrines that count and I simply compare the psychology of the average witness with that of your average German citizen during Hitlers regime. You can guess who the Jews are in my analogy.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Yes, they would. Maybe not all, but many would be happy to do it. In private conversations I've heard elders, ministerial servants, and pioneers™ say they wished the society would send out "hit teams" to "whack apostates".

As for backing it up scripturally, that poses no problem. It's easy to select bible passages as "proof texts", take them out of context, and twist them to support just about anything. The watchtower society is notorious for doing just that.

W

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

My answer is "yes".

While my beloved Dad was alive, I used to have the irrational fear that someday, the Organization would resort to much more "Old Testament" methods of punishment than shunning. I used to imagine my Dad's unbearable pain at the division of love and loyalties. The thing that frightened me the most is that I was not convinced it was a completely irrational fear.

• boyzone
    boyzone

mraimondi

You forget one thing. The Witnesses we know personally are already "stoning" us by not talking to us. For many this action goes against their natural conscience and behaviour yet they feel compelled to quell the natural abhorrence this may cause and do this because they've been persuaded that God wants them to.

So if they can be persuaded to shun in the name of God, how much bigger a step is it to kill in the name of God? Agreed, for some,this would be a step too far for their conscience, but for others it definately wouldn't be.

Reminds me of the scripture that talks about those that would kill you would think they've rendered a sacred service to God. This is what the Witnesses would be trained to think. Most are already halfway there with the shunning.

• treadnh2o
    treadnh2o

I've mentioned before, I cannot even get myself Df'd, never mind stoned. Wife and kids, mom and dad, way more relatives , an elder with pull and an elder who benefits financially from me being in. Nope, if I'm gettin' stoned it's w/ the glass pipe baby!

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I've never seen that quote before Ninja. I thought it was a joke until I looded it up!

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

For the posters that don't believe they would.

Have you forgotten what happended in Malawi?

Have you forgotten how the society takes great pride in the fact that some of their members children died for lack of a blood transfusion? Even writing articles boasting about it?

People who would allow their children to die in the name of god, would have no problem stoning sinners in the name of god.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

The society would eagerly stone Apostates.

IF we have been out for a while sometimes we forget what vile disgusting creatures Apostates are,

We are dogs returning to our vomit, we have commited the unforgivable sin,

We are worse then Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, or David Koresh.

(according to the society)

One of their major control techniques is FEAR.

Fear of stoning would keep most everybody in the org.

• metaspy
    metaspy

I concur with the majority.

The society would have us stoned if they had the legal right to do so.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit