If WT have the legal right to stone us...would they do it???

by JustHuman14 46 Replies latest jw friends

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

We all know WT's view of "apostates"and disfellowshiped persons. They grap from the old testament quotes that "God's people, Isralites" stone to death the evil doers, even the unobedient children. The first one to cast the stone was a close relative, Parents, Brothers, Sisters. My question is if they have the legal right to kill us, do you think that they would have stone us to death?

• yesidid
    yesidid

Yes some would. Not relatives, not mine anyway.

But Fred Franz's attitude was very clear.

He said that we can't because the government won't let us.

• merfi
    merfi

When I was going through my 'back room' experience aka JC for a lil fornicatin', the PO asked me "What do you think you would be if this was Israelite times? That's right: dead." <<gleam in his eyes>> I think some really would feel it some sort of blessing to have the DF'd simply wiped off the face of the earth; I think some sincerely think they deserve it. Sick, stupid cult.

merfi

• ninja
    ninja

*** w52 11/15 p. 703 Questions From Readers ***

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws.

The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, ...........................................even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship.................

However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

Are you serious?

I mean is this a serious question?

I think we can all agree that the witnesses have some crazy rules. BUT to STONE people????

Do you honestly beleive that or are you just trying to get reactions out of people.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes !!!!when I was d/f My daughter ( still a JW) told me I should consider it
    great that I didnt live in Bible times as she would have to stone me.
    And because she loves Jehovah she would....

• carla
    carla

How many times have we read stories were a parent would tell a child they should be happy it is not biblical times or the child would have been stoned to death for some infraction? I think jw's would in fact stone people if they could and would probably stone those who would not participate in the stoning even if it was a family member. Just look at their extreme shunning policies to get an idea of how they would act.

Timbob, were you unaware of that quote out of the wt?

• cattails
    cattails

No doubt... like something out of "The Lottery."

Antinomianists have no place in WTB&T Society

life. They are to be "stoned to death" if only

they could get away with it nowadays.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FKgBFWsP3ss/SW1wS_e6j5I/AAAAAAAAAGg/i1vdFQdG1Y8/s400/Cattails.jpg

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

"Timbob, were you unaware of that quote out of the wt?"

I don't remember seeing a quote like that from the WT, which one are we talking about??

I guess I am in the minority(or maybe the only one) that would disagree with this. I mean you will always have some crazys in every group that would take extreme measures.

I could MAYBE even agree if we were in the acient days where stoning did take place. But we are in the MODERN world today. Even if it was legal, I still would doubt it would be an act carried out by the DUBS.

not trying to offend anyone here, just giving my opinoin.

• poppers
    poppers

When your heart is made of stone it isn't much of an effort to put that stone in your hand and hurl it at someone "condemned to die". So I would guess they would do it if they had the legal right to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit