Those of you that born in the Borg in the late 60;s and early 70's

by James Mixon 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

remember JWs talking about crime, the alleged energy shortage, pollution, war, earthquakes, bad morals, etc. and saying there was no way this system could last longer than a few more years. I remember one brother who was a teacher with a master's degree in education. He went back to school to get a doctorate in education. JWs gossiped about him saying the that end was so near he probably wouldn't finish his schooling. He finished, got a good job, and has been retired for probably at least ten years

I remember too, It happened.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Ask people that were not a JW around 1974 and they will tell you, oh

yes I remember. They came to my door and told us this was our

last chance to be save. All family members who was not JW

ask them. They will tell you, oh yes my JW brother or sister told us

we better get on board if not your butt will be fried next year.

• Fernando
    Fernando

I was a third generation born-in (mid 60s).

Religion I believe is a toxin. The Watchtower strain is particularly virulent.

Religion by design also hides the solution to societal ills.

On both counts it is responsible for significant dysfunction in my father's and my childhood homes, as well as unspeakable dysfunction in my wife's childhood home, plus unspeakable injustices directed at our family.

My father was infected by the 1975 virus by Bethel heavies, whilst working at Bethel.

He took the failure very hard possibly because of the denials and blame game that followed - he was there and heard it all firsthand from the arrogant, self-assuming and lying horses' mouths.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Tell me more about your story James, Respectfully I don't hate you and I am sure your welcome on this forum,
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Baptized in 1971, elder 1975, left in 1987. Served in Central America and

rest of my time where the need was great . After becoming a elder I knew

something wasn't right with the borg. Not all the brothers (elders) were power

hungry but far to many..My eyes were open after i was on a committee that

DF a fellow elder, a good friend. I went to him one day and ask, what happen

with you. He told me read CoC and that was it for me. It all went down hill from there.

So I have been out since 1987, tried going back to save the marriage but

my eyes were open we divorced. Been together with my beautiful wife now for 18 years

and it's been great.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    Although I was to young to remember the 1975 fiasco. I will say the religion I knew as a young boy to the one I left a couple of years ago are totally different.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I wish I could have gone to school with parents who said 'do your best...you can be whatever you want to be, you just have to work to get there.' I'll never know what I could have been. The world was ending, every goal but a witness goal was worthless and discouraged. And what could a girl really be anyway but a pioneer? I hated service!!

people without regrets I admire. I regret that I'm not one if them. Wish I could do it all over again. Feel like uncle Rico sometimes. If I could just go back to 1982! Lol

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

I was eagerly looking forward to the 1969 assembly. We had heard of the new publications that would be released and I wanted to get them. I think the first part of the AID book was released then.

why was the 70's the best for you?

My parents were quite zealous through most of their lives as Witnesses. In the 60's especially the early sixties I was quite young and meetings and field service were hard my father was a strict man. In the worst winter my father still made it to the hall even though public transportation had stopped running and only one or two others made it. There was illness in the family as well that didn't help.

In the 70's we had moved abroad we lived in a big house, I went to a good school and planned to drop out and pioneer which I did. The congregation was a nice one and I had some good times pioneering. The end was close or so we believed as my parents would remind us how lucky we were that we would never grow old and die, but they did. Just like the Generation that would not pass away and 1975 and Tribulation starting in 1914 which I think was changed after the 69 assembly.

8 days, did you cover the whole bible word for word.

I don't really remember it. I don't think I went to all of it.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

I graduated from high school in 68. A fellow student (a JW ) by the name of Manfred Groulx (note memory keenly intact) told me that further education was a waste of time and that I would see that in 1975...and that I had better become a JW before that or I would be destroyed in that year. I responded by telling him he would wake up in 1976 with egg all over his face.

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I remember the "Stay alive to 75". it effected how I viewed my future. I can remember a sister telling me not to worry about good grades because it would be all for nothing when the end came.

I remember going to a special meeting for all pioneers at the Norval Assembly Hall , near the Georgetown Assembly Hall in Canada. Fred Franz gave the talk and then we were served a roast beef dinner. During his talk Franz said we should all enjoy the dinner that day because we wouldn't be eating meat in the soon to come paradise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit