Those of you that born in the Borg in the late 60;s and early 70's

by James Mixon 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Was life that bad for you? We are really sorry...

Why would you say your sorry you didn't have anything to do with it.

The late 60's and early 70's was the height of the WTS fear mongering involving 1975.

In reality it was a unscriptural dating calculation, as well one that the WTS used previously 60 years earlier

by CT Russel, the president of the WTS in the early 1900's.

The WTS was quite proficient in exploiting people's ignorance of the bible as well exploiting people's fears and insecurities., all in vien to proliferate its publications.

It was these kinds of corruptly devised endeavors which eventually built up this organization and made it rich

and powerful as it exists today.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Lifeistoshort, go tell that elders wife that GB Lett said in a DC talk in Florida about four years ago that when he was at bethel he didn't believe in 1975 but all the others their did and he was viewed as the apostate, confirming to me that they did indeed think 1975 was a big deal.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Crazyguy: "lets be blunt", I tried offsetting the activities with my kids that

they felt they were missing. Early 70's we (other brothers) would rent a gym

for the young boys, we planned fishing trips , beach parties, camping trips and

we even had football games. That's the sad part, it wasn't enough.

Outlaw: "welcome to the Club". LOL

Jwdaughter: Thank goodness your dad had his head on straight, just think

if he was a JW elder.

Cofty: You have help so many here in their struggles. Your negative effect in

a way have helped others. From your comments you seemed to come out it

in good shape.

Blues Brother: My kids said the same thing., it wasn't so bad until after 1975

the cult raised it ugly head.

life is to short: You are 50 years old, don't say you will never be who you could

have been. I'm 68, you can still do it you are still young. I wish I could be

50 again.

Kanon: "now is not the time to listen to Jesus", true.

Yes, I was a elder in 1975 and I know what was being said.We will never

see the 80's..

Finkelstein: "why would you say you are sorry"

I feel so stupid for raising my kids in that cult. I was told by all my worldly friends

and family members, you know something is not right with those JW's...

• cofty
    cofty
    Cofty: You have help so many here in their struggles. Your negative effect in a way have helped others.

Not sure if that is a veiled insult or just badly written?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

Badly written cofty, LOL. A complement, your experience has help

others not in a negative way.

• cofty
    cofty
    Cheers
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

I remember going to a "special talk" in Toronto in 1974 being given by on of the GBs I can't remember which one, For one whole hour this lunatic talked about how 1975 was going to be it.

I also remember it was at maple leaf gardens which at the time had limited seating capacity and many couldn't get in, they left and cleaned a park. LOL

The speaker said don't be like those on the outside who couldn't get in.

What a guy!!!

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    We were listening to some music this morning from the early 70's and it brought back memories of the congregations we were in at the time and the parties. The 70's were the best time in the truth for me. 60's especially the early 60's were the worst. Saturday and Sunday morning service and Sunday afternoon meetings that seemed to go on forever. Summer Assemblies always seemed cold.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Summer International Assemblies used to be 7 days long, the one in 1969 comes to mind.

Is does so because when I was attending in Vancouver, the US landed on the Moon .

It was not a pleasant experience, we had to sit in open an stadium with the sun beaming down on are heads

listening to a crap PA system . Morning sessions started at 10 AM and went to 5 PM with a hour off for lunch,

there might have been evening secessions too.

Think about that for 7 days straight .

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome
    I think 1963 was 8 day assembly. I remember 69 at Wembley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit