Those of you that born in the Borg in the late 60;s and early 70's

by James Mixon 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

blondie: Agree "the present is the only place we live".

What I don't understand is that 99% of you feel the same, it

was a miserable time. Why would any sane person that was

raised in the borg turn around and do the same to their children.

Most kids have fun memories growing up, why would you subject your

child to that. It not is if things change in the borg, it became worst.

You have generation of gang members, in some cases it is the grandfather,

father and son. What do you get out it, death and prison.

Young JW, wake up. What was good for us may not be that way for you.

The old saying, what's good enough for mom and dad is good enough for me.

I know young kids that was beaten mercilessly because that was the way of

the truth, today they are still in the borg raising their children.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

bung bill: "are you hankering for the good old days". LOL

For us it wasn't so bad but our kids a different story..

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    who are you james mixon?
  • Gayle
    Gayle
    Crazyguy 4 hours ago
    Lifeistoshort, go tell that elders wife that GB Lett said in a DC talk in Florida about four years ago that when he was at bethel he didn't believe in 1975 but all the others their did and he was viewed as the apostate, confirming to me that they did indeed think 1975 was a big deal.
    I call Lett out as a "liar" on that. I was there. If he was viewed as an apostate then, he would have been kicked out on it. Now if he whispered that to someone he knew personally I wouldn't know. But no one talked that way at Bethel then during morning text or family WT night I can assure you. Lett then was a nobody at Bethel - book study conductor only. He did not hobnob with the Knorr group at all. He was a partaker then and even there for someone only in early 20s partaking was considered somewhat odd and questionable.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    An ex-elder, missionary and one who regret the day JW came too my door.
  • truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Thank you James. Honesty is hard to come by sometimes. I regret being brought up in this religion but I was smart enough to get out of it at an early age. It must be awfull to have the memories and regrets that you must have. But welcome anyway.
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon
    truthseeker100: I'm a old member, just a different name. Thanks anyway.
  • 4thgen
    4thgen
    1975 not a big deal? It was a very big deal to those of us that lived through it! Where do you think the saying "Stay alive 'til 75." came from?
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I had only one believing parent. I was never forced into service, TMS, etc. and basically didn't live much differently from all my classmates. I did for a lot of my years go to three meetings a week, but in high school, I didn't even do that. HOWEVER, the JW teachings always lurked in my mind, greatly affecting my outlook on life, causing me to not plan for a future in this world at all . When I got older (late teens / early twenties), I went 100% into JWdom. I basically gave up everything and lived a spartan life giving JWdom my all. I thought the end was imminent because JWdom told me it was. I lived every day counting down the days of this system wasting my life waiting on a paradise that never came.

And yes, I, too, was around for all the 1975 stuff. It was huge in my area. The most prominent elder in the city told my unbelieving parent that I would never drive or finish high school in this system. I remember some JWs going long distances to the first dist convention of the year to see what new info was going to come out. There was a lot of excitement. No JW back then would have even considered the possibility that the year 2015 would roll around with the new world nowhere in sight. In fact, most wouldn't have even considered such with the year 2000.

I remember JWs talking about crime, the alleged energy shortage, pollution, war, earthquakes, bad morals, etc. and saying there was no way this system could last longer than a few more years. I remember one brother who was a teacher with a master's degree in education. He went back to school to get a doctorate in education. JWs gossiped about him saying the that end was so near he probably wouldn't finish his schooling. He finished, got a good job, and has been retired for probably at least ten years.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Ya 4thgen it was something just made up by the mentally diseased lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit