Those of you that born in the Borg in the late 60;s and early 70's

by James Mixon 54 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Like Bluesbrother, I was a teenager during the late 1960s, and a young adult in the 1970s. My memories from those years are predominantly of mad people and of mad times. Now, I am left with a feeling of just wanting to put as much distance as possible between now and back then!

Bill.

• Ding
    Ding

"Stay alive til '75!"

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    Finkelstien I remember those stupid assemblies.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I think 1963 was 8 day assembly. I remember 69 at Wembley

Yes and the district assemblies now are only two or three days .

What is so poignantly alarming looking back now, is that all the anxiety and stress and anticipation of that era of the JWS was really a overly hyped fraud, propagated by the WTS heads to sell and promote its published goods. The WTS exploited the basic beliefs in the bible to create a fictional illusion, perhaps a nice one but fictional nevertheless.

• cofty
    cofty

I was at Wembley in '69. I remember my Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang car.

Slept in a kingdom hall on the first night due to the rooming being a shambles.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

truthseeker100: "they left and cleaned a park". What the hell was that about?

ucantnome: why was the 70's the best for you?

Finkelstein: my first assembly in 1971 I recall was 4 days, seven days holy

sh---t.

ucanthome: 8 days, did you cover the whole bible word for word.

Bung bill:"mad people and of mad times" It was that bad?

If it was so bad in that time, what are the young today enduring..

Ding: "Stay alive till 75!" I think we made it.

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100

James mixon

They left and cleaned a park nearby. It was written up in the Toronto news papers and many dubs remarked ,was that not a great witness. I kid you not! All they did was pick up a few pieces of paper and some cigarette butts because they were bored.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    JW's are in a world to their own, unbelievable. Thanks truthseeker 100.
  • blondie
    blondie

I was 18 in 1970. My parents divorced and I was free of living with my father, my abuser. I had a new job and my mother and sibling were recovering from years of abuse. I made new friends and do not feel that my life was ruined. I was not looking for the end in 1975 because Jesus said it would come at a time we think not. The WTS and its members thought it was the likely time, so it was NOT.

Don't live in the past

You can't live in the future

The present moment is the only place we live

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Bung bill:"mad people and of mad times" It was that bad?

Bloody oath it was!

PS: Are you hankering for "The Good Old Days" or something"? As the Australian country singer, Tex Morton, once said in one of his songs about the "Good Old Days" (to quote) "I only hope we don't see them again!

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit