Drama Topic for 2009 DC. Here's the scoop.

by Open mind 44 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

LOL still_in. As I read that, I envisioned the movie Breakfast Club where Bender makes fun of Brian...

My impression of life at Big Bri's house,

"Son?"

"Yeah, Dad?"

"How was your day, son?"

"Great, Dad. How's yours?"

"Super. Say, how would like to go fishing this weekend?"

"Great, Dad. But I got homework to do."

"That's okay, son. You can do it on the boat."

"Gee."

"Hon, isn't our son swell?"

"Yes, dear. Isn't life swell?"

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

How pitiful. The morons at Brooklyn serve up this tripe to torment those who are blackmailed into shunning their relatives while refusing to relax their harsh, unchristian and unscriptural rules. ASSHOLES!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In the Bible account, the reinstatement took effect immediately. After the son returned, there was no waiting period. His punishment was that he had to live in the harsh world and find out for himself how bad things can get, and his inheritance was already spent (so he would not be getting more). Nothing more, nothing less. No waiting period. And the reinstatement was celebrated that evening, much to the chagrin of the "faithful" brother. I bet they are going to play it up something like that in the drama.

Reality is, to be reinstated as a witless, you have to stop doing what you were doing, and start going to boasting sessions regularly. There is no welcome at that stage (which is the equivalent of when the "brother" returned home). It can take as long as three years of being shunned and treated like dirt before any reinstatement is made. And then, there is no fanfare--just a return to field circus and being hounded to make all the boasting sessions.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Interesting comparison WTW, that is so true, in the bible people are accepted for who they are, they do not need to meet manmade/GB standards.

• blondie
    blondie

They did this drama in 1969 I think:

*** yb70 p. 39 1970 Yearbook of Jehovah’s Witnesses ***The truthfulness of what God’s Word says about those who ignore the counsel of the Scriptures was emphasized on this second day in a drama entitled "Thorns and Traps Are in the Way of the Independent One." This drama graphically illustrated the experiences of people who have forsaken God’s Word in order to achieve financial or social success in the world. Realistically the parable of the prodigal son was recounted, confirming the truthfulness of Proverbs 22:5, as well as showing the love of Jehovah in allowing those who wish to turn back to Jehovah and conform to his way to do so.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"In my KH, the presiding overseer once stated that 1975 was the R/F's fault for being overzealous"

Was your P/O there in'75? If so, he has a very selective memory ( I hate to accuse a man of God of lying)

Yes, a fair number of the r & f were overzealous, but why ? Only because they actually believed that the Society must be right . Our Overseer at the time said to me that "I cannot see that Jehovah would allow The Society to be so wrong on this matter" and that summed it up for the rest of us.

People believed their leaders, I mean the leaders who put things in print and asked the flock to believe that they spoke in Gods name.

Were the Israelites being over zealous when they followed Moses into the Red Sea? It is a matter of faith, faith that the man taking the lead really does have information from the Almighty.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"In my KH, the presiding overseer once stated that 1975 was the R/F's fault for being overzealous"

That was the common view in our KH. Every time somebody trotted it out, we'd hand them the 2 WT 'apologies' at the next meeting. The same people still trotted it out a few months/years later!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Great fodder for backfire. Next time a talk comes out about how important it is to be zealous for the ministry, you can just say... "Whoa now... take it easy... we don't wanna be too zealous. Otherwise we might get ahead of ourselves. Better just take it slow and easy... no need to get too fired up and run ahead of Jehovah's chariot."

• TJ - iAmCleared2Land
    TJ - iAmCleared2Land

DrWtsn32, you are right; that was last year's title. Here's this year's:

DRAMA: Your Brother Was Dead And CameTo Life! (Jesus Parable of the Prodigal Son) (1-HOUR)

• out4good3
    out4good3

Have they scheduled it for sunday afternoon to hold the ranks hostage for the whole weekend. Some JWs only live for those dramas as cheesy as they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit