Drama Topic for 2009 DC. Here's the scoop.

by Open mind 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

Ooh, ooh. Who wants to know what the drama's about?

om

• Open mind
    Open mind

OK, I've gotta go to bed, so here's the scoop that you can use on your holier-than-thou still-in dub relatives.

1. There's no Bible-times costumes this year.

2. It's all modern day and its a tear-jerker "prodigal son" theme.

3. Two kids leave "da troof" and one comes back.

That's all I've got, but hey, for you inactive/faded/DFed/DAed, it might be fun to let the dubbies in your life know your "channel" gets the info faster than theirs.

Good night,

om

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I bet they forget to mention that in the USA you need to have three kids to have a chance of producing one adult bOrgite.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

hehe nice one, om.

• yknot
    yknot

More details please on the plot ......

Yes I agree it is intended to be high emotion jerking dramaz......but I am curious if the WTS has still managed to cheese it up as usual?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry I don't have any more specifics.

Someone with loose lips was allowed to observe a rehearsal and spilled the above to me.

One or two days dangling above Gehenna surely await both of us.

om

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

With a bit of luck some nasty Postate will put it on Youtube after the first arsembly

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Thanks OM

I wonder what 'spin' they will put on this ”prodigal son" drama considering their policies are so far removed from the compassion Jesus taught

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Will they be working the evils of the internet into it somehow (it's certainly a major threat)? Maybe Joe,the prodigal son, was lured away by evil apostates who filled his head with truths lies about the WT - he listened for a while and became obsessed with having his 'ears tickled' by outlandish and false stories - so much so, that he was missing out on the meetings, and all the necessary spiritual food that is esential to survive Armageddon (imminent). His family were helpless - they knew the evils of the internet (thanks to the GB, any of whom are probably unable to plug a PC in, let alone surf the net), where Satan is lurking and guiding faithful JWs away from Jehovah.

Faced with overwhelming evidence apostasy, young Joe knew in his heart that Jehovah had provided a lifeline in Satan's world (the internet - keep up) by way of Watchtower.org (which, no doubt, apostates are trying to discredit and close down). In his hour of darkness, he read the pages - the whole site - and it was clear that the WT is unquestionably God's tool (hence Joe not questioning it - so neither should you, ok? Got that?).

From this we learn that in modern times it is more common to leave the 'Truth' mentally - Joe was fortunate, he saw the error of his ways and when he returned to his family, they said, 'welcome back son' - well, they said it six months later, as they were forbidden to speak to him before then.

Standing ovation from the audience, Joe gets 3 curtain calls and an Oscar nomination - and that laptop?...well you know the answer to that.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Can anyone confirm this (nothing to do with the Drama)?

Someone else with loose lips said there was going to be a talk or little section in a talk on whether 1975 was a mistake.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit