70 years = 607?

by allelsefails 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Caedes
    Caedes

Always fun watching scholar getting a kicking.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

He does a very good job in showing us the shallowness, or actually lack of JW scholarship. It is so laughable to see him post about how this was derived by 'celebrated WT scholars'.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I'd like to know how someone can be "celebrated" and "anonymous" at the same time.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Right. Would someone go to some celebrated, anonymous doctors for treatment?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

By the way pseudoscholar...since you did ask which is correct 586 or 587....as i am sure this has been answered before but different verses in the Bible indicate that Jerusalem's destruction came in the 18th or 19th year of Nebuchadnezzar's reign. Working with this takes you to 586 or 587 BC. But whether it is 586 or 587 is not that critical to most of us...since we have not combined a whole bunch of unrelated texts into a ridiculous and erroneous formula to come to a meaningless date and spin a fable of God's channel of thruth off of this. It is simply a date in history, an interesting one...but that's all.

• scholar
    scholar

isaacaustin

Post 1293

Sounds like the cowards way out that when one finds oneself in a hole then blame the Bible. Celebrated WT scholars work with the same biblical data and they have no problem with deriving a precise date . This is why using a 'regnal based' chronology as opposed to an 'event based' chronology is superior because it is not hamstrung by different dating methods used by individual writers. This is one very good reason that the methodology used in deriving the precise date of 607 BCE is far superior than the secular chronology that cannot determione a precise date for the Fall. Such confussion proves that the current methodology has problems which is not the case with biblical chronology.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

allelsefails

Poat 45

The entire context of Daniel 4 revolves around the Kingdom of God which was yet in the future but its was typified by the Kingdom of Judah with its installed Monarchy and the intervention of Nebuchadnezzer who played an important role in relation to that typical kingdom. So, this chapter deals with a eschatalogical reality which is more described in the book of Revelation which describes the Escahatology in full detail.

The use of the Aramaic term 'times' has an equivalent with the Greek word 'kairos' meaning 'times' and these terms are eschatalogical formulae so this means that the very vocabulary used by Daniel and John are prophetic going far beyond history but being based on history which is the substance of prophecy.

scholar JW

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Well look who crawled out from under a WatchTower..It`s Scholar!!..LOL!!.........

Leolaia

If you had paid more close attention to this forum you would have noticed my previous posting on this subject but thanks for your sarcastic inquiry about my whereabouts. The only virus I have contacted is the wirus that 'eats up apostates' and elevates WT biblical chronology/ scholar JW Scholar..There are no WBT$ Scholars..None! You can`t name one,because there are none. To the best of my Knowlege,you have`nt won a debate on our board yet!..LOL!! You admit to having a "Wirus"..It`s a WBT$ Virus that attacks brain cells,obscures reasoning and gives it`s victims Dilusions of Grandeur..The victims of Wirus have a fixation with specific dates..WBT$ inspired dates..1914,607..At the same time they can`t remember dates like 1925 or 1975..Those dates don`t exist for people who have a Wirus........................Stay out of Kingdom Halls and your Wirus will go away!..Get well soon!.......................................LOL!!...OUTLAW

• scholar
    scholar

isaacaustin

Post 1284

You may not have read Jonsson but you have been deceived by his propaganda and you are quite mistaken because Jeremiah most certainly stated that the land of Judah would be without an inhabitant and this occcurred during the seventy years of Babylonish domination and desolation of Judah from the Fall until the Return confirmed by Josephus. Jer.25:12 does not state that the seventy years eande with the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE but that after the seventy years had ended then Babylon, its king and territory would be desolated. This clearly happened lomg after the Fall of Babylon. In short, this verse foretells not the Fall of Babylon but its destruction.

I care naught for your opinion of the 'celebrated' ones.

The one year error of 586 or 587 is of major concern to scholars as there are a number of published scholarly articles on this subject so this confusion is a big problem for you, further it is 586 that is the preferred option by serious scholars whereas 587 is the apostate option.

There is no agreement as to the date for the end of the Assyrian World Power so 609 is just a guess which demolished the Babylonish domination hypothesis from 609 -539 BCE. You have a big problem with this.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

isaacaustin

Post 1285

What Jeremiah clearly states and as agreed by Daniel, Zechariah and Ezra is that the seventy years was a period of desolation-servitude and exile from the Fall until the Return confirmed by Josephus.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit