70 years = 607?

by allelsefails 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

isaac austin

Post 1294

I agree that the contect does indicate servitude of the nations to Babylon during the seventy years of Judean servitude but we have no precise chronologies of Babylonian domination of those nations as we have with Jeremiah's prophecy against Judah.

It is absurd to claim that the seventy years ended with the Fall of Babylon in 539 BCE, it is simply a false and impossible claim but you are entitrled to your view and on this point we agree to disagree.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Mad Dawg

Post 129

The Bible proves that 607BCE is the only possible date for the Fall of Jerusalem and such evidence has been presented so I suggest you submit your application to pioneer but you should brush up on your knowledge first.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

isaac austin

Post 1295

Yes he did, just read his entire book.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

isaac austin

Post 1296

I agree and because our calculation is based on the Bible and in harmony with its entirety, simple to explain and understand proves the validity of the interpretation.

The historical evidence supports 607 BCE rather than the fictitious dates of 586 or 587BCE but more importantly our date is biblically based because it considers the historical period of the seventy years. Your dates do not consider the 70 years as a fixed historical period so your comments are foolish.

Your regnal based chronology based on Ptolemy's Canon does not account for the seventy years whereas our superior event-based chronology does.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

OUTLAW

Post 11418

Alan F was vanquished by scholar on every occasion and this is a matter of public record for the very fact that scholar disputed on every occasion over many years proves that scholar was a most worthy opponent and he is still going strong whereas Alan F has retreated into his hole defeated by scholar. The same could also be said of Jeffro and many others who sought to defeat scholar on chronology.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

allelsefails

Post 48

Interpretations belong to God who has always and at the present reveals such matters to His servants, the True Church who then have the responsibilty of making known to others such interpretations. You need to read Daniel carefully verse by verse and read other commentaries on the book including those published by the WT Society. The book of Daniel most certainly abounds with moth literal and figurative elements so the problem is for you to deal with not me.

scholar JW

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

"Scholar" - It's always a joy to read your arrant twaddle. You set me up with a smile for this morning.

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Scholar, you are an ignorant moron. You have so far claimed that the Bible proves that Jerusalem fell 607 years before the common era. You need to PROVE from the Bible alone that Jerusalem fell 607 years before the common era and I will happily become a pioneer. I know you quit school at 16 to serve jehober, but there is a difference between saying something is so and proving it is so. All you have to do is cite the verses that state that Jerusalem fell 607 years before the common era.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Scholar - I am an honest Bible student who served as an elder for 6 years, a servant for 4 before that. I have read every publcation the WTS has published in my lifetime and read everything I can get my hands on that has true historic data. I have not seen a single quote from you that shows these scriptures have application beyond Nebuchadnezar. Saying "read it again" is ridiculous. Yes there are literal and figurative elemants to Daniel's writing, but he tells us when they're figurative! read the whole book and you'll see that every prophecy Daniel gives he explains that it has future fullfillment. However there is no future fullfillment of the 7 times prophecy mentioned in Daniel. You are right about one thing though. If you have given you understanding of scripture over to a group of men, then you have no more need to deal with this issue. They have told you what to believe and you should believe it. But anyone who thinks for himself has to deal with this issue. Does the GB claim to be inspired by Jehovah himself? No they recognize that any of there "scriptural understandings" can change at any time. It is Jehovah's fault when they are wrong for not giving them enough light. Please comment no more if you are not willing to quote something! Thanks

• scholar
    scholar

AnnOMaly

My whole reason for being here is to entertain you and you alone.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit