70 years = 607?

by allelsefails 421 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Periodically, I like to check on this thread and see if (fake) scholar has got a new straw to breath out of since his arguments are all wet, and he appears to be totally under water.

So, just to say it again, (fake) scholar, as this very thread demonstrates, has not provided any independant scholars to back up his or JW claims regarding 607 BCE. While he condescends to associate with us and defend JW dogma and propaganda, he has not in any way answered one question or contradiction regarding JW chronology.

JW chronology is wrong. Do you know who knows this best? The Governing Body.

Billy, how do you think they would measure the pyramids these days? Digital technology? Because when you look at everything else Russell did in his works when it came to research (i.e. half assed) it is highly likely that he didn't measure the pyramids accurately either. Maybe Christ came in 1904, or 1917. Or 1960.

You can't take an endeavor of measuring the pyramids lightly when so much is at stake.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Jeff, I'm sure that in this 21st century, Pastor Russell would start all over with pyramid centimeters. He'd start with a date about 15 years in the future and measure back in PCYs [pyramid centimeter years] to establish all sorts of fictitious history.

With modern transportation, Chuck would fly over to Egypt in person this time. Reniaa would hold the tapemeasure for him. "scholar" would draw all kinds of wacky timetables, diagrams, and charts to make it all look "scholarly".

They'd do something different this time around, though. They'd print it all on edible paper, so when 2025 arrives, they can just smear some jelly on it and eat their words... yum!

B the X

• BarefootServant
    BarefootServant
    I do things this way because my intent is not to convince or convert you but simply to provide an alternative to the specious claims of devious apostates who have no love of truth or 'The Truth'.

Scholar, it is ironic that you should attack the integrity of posters here who have debated fairly and honestly with you and not been accorded the same courtesy in return. Sorry, did I say ironic? I meant sickening. Even this last nasty little comment is a self serving lie from start to finish. You should be ashamed of yourself. You have demonstrated not the slightest bit of interest in learning any truth, and I'm pretty sure the good people here only put up with you because they perceive just how deep is the dark well of delusion which you inhabit.

• scholar
    scholar

Barefoot Servant

Post 79

It is the apostates who inhabit that deep well of delusion for if they had a truth or the Truth then they would be preaching it in imitation of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ. But, no all that they offer is criticism and hatred just as that 'evil slave' foretold by Jesus himself.

scholar JW

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

(fake) scholar

It is the apostates who inhabit that deep well of delusion for if they had a truth or the Truth then they would be preaching it in imitation of our Lord and Master, Jesus Christ. But, no all that they offer is criticism and hatred just as that 'evil slave' foretold by Jesus himself.

Actually, those who leave Jehovah's Witnesses like myself consider it a moral obligation to point out that the Governing Body has continued to lie about the dates you continue to come here and defend.

It is a moral obligation to point out that the authority that the Governing Body has claimed due to their white washed history of the 1914 debacle has been used in a totally self serving manner. This is truly one religious group that is all about the leadership.

You are delusional in bucking every reliable piece of history on this matter. Again, I would respect you more if you simply said that despite the contrary evidence, you will follow the Governing Body anyway. Instead, you insist that following the Governing Body and their chronology is actually correct and the right thing to do.

Jehovah's Witnesses since the time of Rutherford have taken great delight in being contrarians, as if being different proved they were right somehow. What JW's disingenuously do is find people who are disillusioned with mainstream Christianity, prey on them when down and not able to verify the dates the GB gives on Jeruslames first fall and 1914, and then get em baptized quick.

(fake) Scholar, I, as usual, invite all readers of this for the first time to take the 30-45 minutes and read this thread, and view your stubborn insistence on dodging legit questions, while offering instead Russellites from the turn of the 20th century as your best "outside" testimony to current JW eschatology today.

As usual, you continue to offer nothing, yet insist that the entire archaeological world, with its body of evidence conerning Jerusalems fall (587/586 BCE) should be disregarded simply because YOU have confidence in the quacks known as the Governing Body?

Haven't seen you in a while, hope all is well with you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Just thought I'd bttt this for Cognac.

Cog, if you go back a few pages in this thread, you will note that all the "scholars" who agree with the 607-1914 connection are not Bible scholars, nope, they're all...

PYRAMIDOLOGISTS

• Frank75
    Frank75

where is AlanF when you need him...sigh........I am on my 3rd Scotch!

Frank75

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Awesome thoughts. JWs are so unique ..... except when there beliefs are shown to be borrowed from spiritists. Pyramidology = Demonism according to Jws today. It is just silly to think about the infallibility of the "Pope" or the "governing body" it is all the same. Allelsefails

• freydo
    freydo

Can anyone provide wtbt$ "studies" that examined Biblical records to arrive at 607 from the beginning? It seems that they only thing you ever heard were statements like, "reliable Bible chronology confirms 607........" Never any serious pre-607 number crunching, or post for that matter. The only thing they could do was add and subtract 2520. Anything else I think they considered numerology.

As to the 70 year thing, 70 is one of several repetitive numbers. And if Cyrus/Persia was used to bring down Babyon I, and was a type, then.....

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

The seventy year prophecy at Jeremiah 25:11 did not apply to Jerusalem and Judah alone but to all nations which fell under the domination of the Babylonian Empire. These nations, as a unit, comprising the Babylonian Empire collectively, served the king(s) of Babylon seventy years.

In depth discussion at http://144000.110mb.com/607/i-2.html#E

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit