A LOOK INSIDE BETHEL LIFE, THE ORGANIZATION BEHIND THE NAME

by Bethelite Elder 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome Bethelite Elder. Thanks for your insights.

• Scott77
    Scott77

"The sycophants who climbed the corporate ladder....But don’t worry you’ll be alright.

You see the skills you have mastered are skills many Worldly people only wished they had.

The ability to manipulate, maneuver and control. The ability to spread disinformation and

tear down others. These skills will serve you well in whatever organization you latch onto

next." (C. T. Russell).

C. T. Russell,

I literally loughed out aloud with a lot of tears flowing down my chin after reading your interesting and highly commical writting above. Actually, the feeling was a kin to a theraupetic session for me. Please, keep up

Peace,

Scott77

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It was Bethel layoffs that initially got me to stop lurking here and comment. It is the most disgusting thing to me.
    I mean, sure there are plenty of comparible disgusting things about WTS, but this is a direct stab at their most loyal ones.

I think the $500 bumped to $600 a month for Special Pioneers is just hush-money. "Don't sue us, don't talk bad about us back at the congregations or you won't even get that." With nothing else, the former Bethelites generally keep their mouths shut and ask the locals for help.

These folks gave up careers in "the world." Even if they never made much money, they would have been working for social security. They would have worked their way up the income ladder a couple of rungs in the same time they volunteered at Bethel. If they were given the impression that 5 years would give you a permanent slot, then WTS should keep them and care for them, regardless of the cost.

Ford Motor Company actually tried to appeal to the consumers' outrage a bit more than 5 or 6 years ago. They let it be known that several thousand dollars from each new car sale was going to a retired auto worker that had nothing to do with that particular new car. They wanted consumers to be outraged at this and demand that the government allow Ford to break their agreement with the union and the pension. Americans came through wonderfully, though. They basically said, "The corporation agreed to pay them, so pay them. If you have to go bankrupt, then go bankrupt." This flew in opposition to other pension-breaking deals such as United Airlines was able to make. People are recognizing that a deal was a deal.

I would fully recommend that a Bethelite kicked out should agree to special pioneer then screw WTS over. Just lie about service and go get a good job. Take their $1200 for a couple, get out a minimum of 10 hours a week (most of it goofing off at the coffee shop or wherever after the meeting for service) but report whatever WTS requires of them. They screwed you, you screw them. Oh, and discourage Bethel service for young ones.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

Wecome hope to hear more about your life at Bethel.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to the board!! I enjoyed your posts. Keep them coming.

Quirky

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Bethelite elder welcome to the board. When were you at bethel (if your willing to tell?) I was there from 94-96 and everything you said are my sentiments and experiences also.

• breezybest
    breezybest

"The motivation of the Inner Party The Watchtower Society is not to achieve a future paradise but to retain power, which has become an end in itself." quoted from another Orwell book Nineteen Eighty-four. it fits so perfectly with what the Watchtower is really all about, i couldn't resist posting it here after reading this thread. I'm new here too, been lurking for a long time as a visitor though. I can't tell you all how much this forum has helped me and my family =)

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Breezybest, welcome aboard. You picked a good thread to get started with. I hope to hear more from you.

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Bethelite Elder,

I'm curious to read more about your alleged experience as a bethel elder because, so far what we read from you is just about what we, or yourself, already knew from JWN. I mean When I read NewBoy report of his bethel past life, it had the ring of REAL insider experience. I bet a former bethelite ELDER must be able to deliver very exclusive news about bethel life, high ranking people in the organization, etc. We are waiting.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome Bethelite Elder and breezybest. Glad to have you both with us.

Isn't it good to know that you are not crazy and not alone....that we CAN see the things going on in the WTS when others around us defend whatever they dish out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit