A LOOK INSIDE BETHEL LIFE, THE ORGANIZATION BEHIND THE NAME

by Bethelite Elder 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bethelite Elder
    Bethelite Elder

When I first came to Bethel, the going reassurance was that if you stayed more than 5 years, you would be considered permanent. Many of the Bethelites bought into the idea and stayed many years. However, a few years back they had a test of faith. Many were asked to leave and return to their families. These were individuals that gave their best years and thought Bethel would see them through. Imagine, some of them spent 30+ years and now they had to leave and hopefully become a special pioneer. At least this way they would get $600 dollars a month to cover housing, food, etc. If they were married, this would be $1200.00

Actually, when they first implimented the mass departure, the going rate was $500.00, so evidently there has been a little raise. There have been boasts of Watchtower's great income over the years on top of free labor. So the dollar amount for the Pioneers is perhaps too light, do you think? Where in the United States can you live off that amount? Also, there have been many that volunteered their best years for service and became sick or injured. These individuals are asked to leave and hope that someone will volunteer to take care of them.

It appears that the perfect system has been created. Get non profit status as a religious organization, pay no taxes, get mothers and fathers to send their kids, work them hard, let them build your properties in the name of love, and if they get sick or hurt along the way===send them back home to Mom and Dad. They don't want to have anything to do with you again, because you are lame, or maybe someone in the congregation will help you out, however, while you figure that out=======start packing your bags and give us a 30 day notice, so it looks like you volunteered to leave.

Maybe Obama will give a Stimulus Package to all the Bethelites that got AND WILL GET RailRoaded. Hey, let's all send him a letter at the Big House

• RaraAvis
    RaraAvis

A lot of damage to the lives of so many. It is tragic to see so many people who have given up everything only to realize...the truth.

Welcome.

ra

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty new here. I never went to Bethel, but the way ex-fulltimers are treated is disgraceful. I hope you will post your whole story and let us know you. Just ask if you have questions about how to use the site and see others posts/stories. All my Christian love to you. Allelesefails (Like when all else fails try something that makes sense!)

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Welcome Bethelite Elder! Can you tell us some more of your own story?

BF

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Hello and welcome.

It is an unbelievably sad tale, that of those who are let go with no retirement, no education, no resume', and no health-care.

• boyzone
    boyzone

Hi Bethelite Elder and welcome.

No matter how benevolent the Society protrays itself or how logical their financial and personnel decisions seem, the bottom line is that long term, faithful unselfish, giving people have been left high and dry by an organization that tacidly promised to take care of their every need.

The Society have taken, and taken...and taken some more. And as soon as they're done taking, they wave bye bye.

Your account of whats happened at Bethel reminds me of the George Orwell story Animal Farm. As soon as the faithful hardworking horse Boxer worked himself to a standstill for the good of the farm and was no longer useful, he was "retired" - to the knackers yard.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Welcome, keep your posts coming.

• VM44
    VM44

I have come to the conclusion that The Watchtower Organization is very selfish and actually materialistic!

Selfish in that EVERYTHING and EVERYONE must put the interests of The Watchtower first in their life.

Materialistic in that the The Watchtower is very concerned about the property it owns and/or controls.

Individuals do not matter, only the organization.

Calling The Watchtower Organization the "Borg" is very appropriate.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

It's a corporation, and as a corporation, it's sole purpose is to exist. It doesn't have morality, compassion, or any human trait but to use any means it can get away with to exist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit