A LOOK INSIDE BETHEL LIFE, THE ORGANIZATION BEHIND THE NAME

by Bethelite Elder 46 Replies latest jw experiences

• survived75
    survived75

After reading the posts in this thread it makes me very sad and very angry. Most of all it makes me think of a young man who is a relative of mine who has gone to bethel a couple of years now. His mother is so very proud of him. I bite my tongue because I worry that he is ruining his life.

I keep telling myself that He is a smart guy and will start to question his situation at some point. ( I hope that happens sooner rather than later.)

It is really hard to sit on the side lines and see this. It makes me sick.

I have relatives that have soldiered on in "the truth" for many decades. Some of them have passed away and their kids are married into the "truth" and their kids are heavily involved as well. Often, I wonder if they still really believe it? I wonder if they are just keeping up a false front. I think Surely that is the case for some of them, (although I never really know and would never intrude and ask because it is so personal). I find the whole issue interesting and scarey at the same time.

The "truth" was thankfully never my "thing" I escaped young and never looked back. I still have bad feelings against the borg and how they robbed me and my parents of a "normal" with things like birthdays and Christmas. I celebrate both now.

I do like to lurk here and find out what is going on with the Borg but I never swallowed the Koolaide. Posting here just helps me vent a bit. I find it is the best therapy for me.

• Borgia
    Borgia

Organisation behind the shame........or is it the shame behind he organisation.....

Cheers

Borgia

• moshe
    moshe

-thanks for the link to the bethel operations manual - I got a chuckle reading about the petty cash box- it is to be secured by a lock and key at all times! Surely Jehovah can protect a petty cash box in his house!

• Londo111
    Londo111

bump

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

Call the media...say something...that's why nobody knows anything outside of the org...everybody comes to sites like these...& tell their story....Tell it to the media....make them pay attention...seems when folks have a real beef with the org. they vent, but nobody ever goes to the media...maybe a few, but a story like this may help others to come forth....Why are folks afraid of telling the media...& not some hokey town paper...today the biggest news is where is the plane...the media is looking for something else to talk about because they can't find the plane...so this story will distract him...oh heck, get in touch with the white house. Labor Board...draw some attention. Help the ones that are in to see TTATT....not for the religion to collapse but to let them see what is really going on with.."GOD'S ORG"...& that it isn't his org....

Legacy

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

While other people all around us, were thinking of how to build a life.

educate themselves, perfect skills, contibute to their communities, build

an income, establish a profession, buy a home, create financial security,

establish connections, celebrate their families, .. we were trudging house to house,

living day to day, not looking at the long term or planning, or putting down roots,

we knocked on the doors of huge beautiful homes, and had no idea how such

a lifestyle happens. Many of us are poor. Single mothers on welfare, men working

cleaning and doing the most menial labor and never using their talents and natual

abilities, minimum wage earners into old age. The greates among us have businesses

cleaning buildings, doing gardening, janitors and shadow jobs, painting houses.

Some have achieved skills that require a year to learn, tradespeople are our intellectuals.

When anyone is in need, the only one to help is the government. I knew one homeless

sister living in her car, I took her in, the elders warned me off, 'she is weak in the truth'

She is weak from lack of food and living in her car, I told them. She was helped, by

Catholic Services, in Santa Barbara. The congregation in Whittier California had a big

'gathering' to see off a young couple going to Bethel, but when he got cancer at Bethel,

he was quickly sent home, with no medical care and no money to help.

Who are these people ? These self satisfied, smug, cold hearted people, who claim

to be 'the chosen ones' ?

• Black Man
    Black Man

bookmarked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit