Spiritual education of my son....

by Albert Einstein 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

Albert-

The road ahead is going to be difficult, but if you stick with it, it is so worth it.

I have gotten my wife and my children out of the WTs, even though two are under 5, by planting seeds and letting them come to their own conclusions. It's a great feeling to talk openly to my 13 year old son. Even children can grasp that we don't need all the answers, as long as we keep asking questions.

Keep it up!

Sad Michael-

I was raised as a JW, and I tried to be an exemplary witness, pioneering, appointed an MS, even though not everything made sense, I figured I just didn't understand enough. Sounds pretty common right, "where else can we go, we have the Truth?"

In my opinion, this is one of the most dangerous ways to raise a child. If I would have known what this kind of closed minded ignorance of the real world, or reality in general had in store for me, I would have run away from home as soon as my Mom became a witness. The view of the WTs can SERIOUSLY affect some basic thinking processes. There is too much suspension of reality, and forcing everyone to accept as unquestionable truth, what can be changed and discarded, can really fuck with your head.

If you grow up trusting that the WTs has the answers, when I now wonder if even the GB believes everything they teach, takes away the abillity to think rationally about the world around you. I want my children to see things from all sides and then make up their minds. I want them to trust themselves, not hope they are right.

I hope you don't take this as a personal attack. I may come off as a bit of a jerk about this issue, I'm still trying to forgive my Mom for joining the WT and cutting my rational legs out from under me.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Folks, thanks for your replys... Thanks mrsjones, rebel, homeschool, marjorie, quietly, chickpea, journey, carla,

Thanks Jack for encuragement, Iam happy it did work for you!

Michael: My wife is no longer going with us to meetings, so she can't receive the food at the proper time........... neither can you.

Sad Michael: I go to the meetings and I study WTBS literature and the Bible more then ever in my life. I do consider myself a christian. And by studiyng, I realized (what I was guessing time ago...) that WTBS lies to people on some points.

I dont blame you and I understand your position. I felt in a similar way time ago. But we really are responsible for our life and for our believes, we cannot pass that responsibility on another person or organization. Thats what JWs say to people in service – so we should stick to that right? We should make sure of what we believe in right?

If this is so:

Why WTBS dicurage witnesses from independently studying the Bible?

Why JWs are forbiden to speak to former witnesses?

Why you as a christian are under absolut obligation to follow FD slave rather than God and Christ and have no right to question anything?

Don´t be afraid to think for yourself! God had created you with a powerfull brain and free will – he expects you to use it! You are responsible for yourself and your family!

Albert

• Jack Burton
    Jack Burton

Albert-

Thanks for the kind words.

Sad Michael-

One other thing to keep in mind, be open to everything.

When I was DFed I assumed that there can't be a God. My thinking process had morphed "God" into "Jehovah", as taught by the WTs.

I've actually started to make peace with God and the Bible from reading Ramakrishna, a Hindu saint. God can be big enough for all of us, no matter what form that takes. I guess my point is that there is an entire world out there for my children, and it would be extremly selfish of me to think they need to believe as I do. If they are happy, so am I.

• Sad Michael
    Sad Michael

I can't imagine how bad I would feel if I was responsible for teaching something that was not the truth and having someone's life ruined because of it. Sad Michael, you said it. Not me. I really wish you'd listen to your own words, buddy.

I understand how it sounds. That's the whole point. I don't make anyone accountable to me. I find it much more uplifting and liberating to give everyone the benfit of learnung from their own mistakes, as I do mine. I do find it helpful from time to time that others truly did learn from a mistake and shared it with me. I then can learn from theirs too. I can't imagine what the writing committee is thinking about sometimes either, but usually I see it clearly in retrospect, after an interchange of encouragement with my bros & sisters. You can' get that kind of depth of understanding on your own. What would have happened if Jehovah had allowed King David to be put to death as he should have been ?

What happens if Jehovah closes the doors on every Kingdom Hall that is not as loving or forgiving as they are loyal and faithful to the org ?

Who would stand if errors were what he saw..................? You ? Certainly not me.

I know I have been warned that I should not be here, but as I've mentioned before on othe rposts, I feel the true pain and sadness that is here. Much of which, I do not think, is too heavy to be lifted off by a friend who cares. I do. THAT'S WHY I'M HERE.......... To help if possible

As for how I can use the world's language and be on a website I have been warned about , well I guess somebody would have said something similar to Jesus when he touched lepers to heal them. Besides, somebody taking a chunk out of your buttock seems a little incongruent , now doesn't it ? I'm not afraid to speak my mind or think what I want. I also know how to "season my words with salt". Check in the mirror and see if you may have a little somthing in your eye........I'm just sayin'

• homeschool
  • Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320

Al- first of all, wow yeah, long road ahead there, but your son sounds receptive to your very honest message so i do not doubt he will see for himself very quickly.

i would also like to say to the person who posted a bunch of crap about "what if your wrong what if your working against jehovah" OMG i dont even want to know your screenname just go away. CHILDREN DO NOT SIN only you sick *&$%ers who are twisted enough and weak enough to beLIEve made up fairytales "SIN". You sin against your own human brothers and sisters. And now you know it. what will you do.

• carla
    carla

The irony of sadmichael telling others to take the splinter out of their eye when he cannot see for the log in his own is remarkable.

• mrsjones5
  • rebel8
    rebel8

hmmm I wonder why my post disappeared. Perhaps it was raptured away.

It was along the lines of--

A. You made a false assumption about my post when you said I think I know better than God. I never said anything of the sort. Satan twists words around, do you?

B. Where does the Bible say it's better to lie to children than to tell the truth? Albert is telling the truth.

C. If it's better to lie to children, I assume you're now telling your kids there is a real Easter Bunny and Santa Claus?

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

chickpea:

be certain that your son knows there
    is a distinction between spirituality
    and religion....

Thats a great point! Thanks chickpea.

rebel: Satan twists words around, do you?

I like this one rebel, I think it will come handy at discussions wth elders... :-)

Albert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit