The Case for God

by UnDisfellowshipped 125 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• middleman
    middleman

"Sure we do. Earthquakes are a result of tectonic activity. No way man can affect that. Tsunamis can be a result of earthquakes. No way man can affect that. Tornados and hurricanes are not caused by man. Large meteroid or asteroid striking the surface of the Earth are not caused by man."

"Cancer and disease are age old. They attack children. Humans did not do that."

I believe FlyingHighNow might be saying that all of this is a result from the fall/sins of man...eg tectonic activitystemming from deluge of the flood, the fountains of the deep erupting, and entropy/disease coming from the fall in the garden etc. Just a thought I'm sure you'll reject.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Why would an all powerfull being need to be so petty??

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    No way man can affect that.

Doc, I am not just including human beings. I am including any intelligent beings. I don't assume human earthlings are the only intelligent beings in existence.

People do all kinds of things that affect the weather. They cut down vast forests, which affects rainfall inches. They pave over land, which affects the flood planes. It is known that making the high planes into farmland is what caused the erotion that caused the Dust Bowl of the 1930's. Who knows what underground nuclear testing really does. Who knows how cutting down forests, through out mankind's history, has affected the weather that brings about tornadoes and hurricanes? Some believe that THE God didn't create the universe and that an under god did. According to that theory the world and creatures are imperfect. HOw do I know those people aren't correct?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    eg tectonic activitystemming from deluge of the flood,

um, tectonic activity existed long before the supposed global flood ~4000 years ago. Or even man's "creation" ~6000 years ago. Same with other natural disasters, like asteroid impacts.

• beksbks
    beksbks

FHN, what about Pompeii? That was just fucked up on god's part if he is there.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Why would an all powerfull being need to be so petty??

I don't believe he is. But there is cause and effect. What is that saying, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction? I am probably butchering it, but it's food for thought. We all know that the smallest choice someone makes has chain reaction in every direction.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

FHN, I agree that some "natural" disasters may be a cause of man. But there are many that cannot possibly be caused by man or any other being. Some are caused by just the way things are. The Earth is a live planet with an active, molten core. Tectonic plates move around causing earthquakes. Asteroids and meteors are flying through space and collide with us every now and then.

I don't assume human earthlings are the only intelligent beings in existence.

I don't either, but I'm not sure what you're getting at. Are you saying other intelligent beings are throwing rocks at the Earth from somewhere else in space?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That was just fucked up on god's part if he is there.

Why are you blaming God for Pompei? If a tree falls in your yard during a thunderstorm, should we blame you?

• middleman
    middleman

"That's what any skeptic would do. You wouldn't question such an action at all? You would immediately conclude that it must be the Judeo-Christian God? Personally I would question it and want to explore all possibilities."

Sure I agree with you...question away but some spend their entire life with mere questions while not truly looking for any of the answers. It's a life's work of being on "the debate team". Explore all of the possibilites then what? Many IMO (not saying all) that don't believe in God would just rather put off somthing out side of them and their sphere of influence since it really doesn't affect them or their choicesanyways...what if it does?

• middleman
    middleman

"um, tectonic activity existed long before the supposed global flood ~4000 years ago. Or even man's "creation" ~6000 years ago. Same with other natural disasters, like asteroid impacts."

Please don't tell me you're basing this off of the flawed dating methods?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit