The cost of going undercover to help family and friends - Is it worth it?

by BonaFide 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Momma-Tossed-Me
    Momma-Tossed-Me

I am thinking about the same thing......I hate that I would be counted in the numbers attending meetings but I think it must be done inorder to rescue my family. Sucks but must be done.....

I am trying now from the outside with little to know results. I am inactive and love the freedom it allows but my wife is totally in and so I need to get her out.

MTM

• Gregor
    Gregor

Your opening paragraph implies that Field service and commenting at meetings are part of the reinstatement process. You cannot participate in these things until after reinstatement. What you must do though is put on an act of being contrite. If you were DF'd for "cause" such as sexual immorality, you will be forgiven automatically if you play your part. If you were DF'd for "apostasy" you will find it nearly impossible to win their trust.

Been there and done that. I tried to get back in because of elderly grandparents I was cut off from and wanted the freedom to associate with them without the DF barrier. I couldn't do it, no way! I had no delusions of "helping" family and friends get out. That is unrealistic, if not downright naive.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I hope it works out for you, but it is definitely "not worth it" to me and there is nothing to gain. I can affect my JW friends much better by my honesty and truthfulness, they know they have the real deal when they ask me something or I make a comment. I do plant seeds and try to make a comment that will make them think.

Faking it or lying on a time slip was something I couldn't do even as a witness. I figured "then" if I was going to be judged by the Almighty, I wouldn't want a list of little lies brought up that were solely to impress religious men, I mean, where would my integrity be?

But all the best to you...and continued success.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

If that's what I have to do for my family to be a part of my life, to hell with them! Accept me for who I am not what you want me to be.

But that's just me

nj

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

What Gregor said.

• lavendar
    lavendar

BonaFide,

I have to commend you! I can't say I know what you're going through, but I can certainly imagine how HARD it must be....to go back into the WTS....to rescue your loved ones from this cult. What you're doing is out of pure love for your family, and may God bless your endeavor.

I wish you all the best...as you go "under the radar"......

Lavendar

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Thanks everyone for your comments. I like this forum, even when people disagree with you they tell you why, and make you think.

Is it just me, or do you all find it funny that Reniaa posted me scriptures about lying - AND SHE IS BEING DISHONEST TO THE ORGANIZATION BY BEING ON THIS SITE!!!!

Pretty funny, I think. It's like saying, "Hey, don't use $#%&ing profanity, ok?"

BF

• boyzone
    boyzone

Very true BF! Just ignore Reniaa, she'll dig up all the excuses in the world to defend the Watchtower's theocratic lying strategy, but hypocritically won't allow you the same strategy to rescue family.

2 sets of scales Reniaa?

sweetheart you need to take the log out your WT eyes before removing the straw from anyone elses.

• JustHuman14
    JustHuman14

I was innactive for 6 years...I try to help my family, it didn't worked at all. And at the end of the day my wife turned me 2 times to the "elders"for apostasy. The second time I really gave them a strike. I wanted ANSWERS regarding their chronology, false prophesies, the dark history of Russell, the way they mistranslated the Bible and specially the Greek text, since we are Greeks...

No I couldn't stand them for a SINGLE MINUTE...NO WAY...Do you know why?

Because they are false prophets, liars and Devil is the Father of lie, and Antichrists. Because WT has RUINED my life in all subjects. Education, carreer, my childhood years, took way my family, my children, everything that I loved. Because I suffer for their "neutrality"issue and as a result of this I cannot get a good job. I will NOT go back because my best friend had a serious psycological problems(due to her fanatic JW dad)and at the end of the day she killed her self.

No I wouldn't go back NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. Do you know why? Because I need NO LONG TO PRETEND AND BE A CLOWN...I'm me and I'm free...

I wouldn't give not a single minute of my freedom to those lunatics in Brooklyn and be a slave of a fuc*ing mutli corporate American Cult.... Most of all I found JESUS, and He is inviting me to be a friend of Him. He is asking me to take His Flesh and Blood and be with Him in the Kindom of Heavens. I found the Holy Orthodox Apostolic Church, that is being around for 2000 years and it was under my nose, and I would never leave Jesus just to be in a lunatic house called WT society. As for my family and friends I did my best to help them. In my case NO ONE helped me to get out from that cult. Their history, false prophesies, double standarts, flip flop doctrines, was more than enough to tell me: TIME TO GO.... The only one can help a JW to leave WT it is no one but the person it self. Somenone must opens the mind to see what the hell is happening there and the door will open for freedom...NO HELP IS NEEDED JustHuman14 formely known justhuman

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

JustHuman, I also spent my life in the Organization, but I don't think I have gone through the same things you have. I am sorry.

I feel so bad for my family and friends that are wasting their lives, I really want to help them. Yes, it may backfire, but I want to try.

I am happy for you that you found such a great church.

BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit