The cost of going undercover to help family and friends - Is it worth it?

by BonaFide 44 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

So all of you that are trying to help your family and friends as a disassociated person, or disfellowshipped, or sort-of-shunned.

What do you think about getting reinstated or reactivated to help them get out?

The time invested would be two meetings a week, about 6 hours total including driving. For those on the outside, you would have to get reinstated, so you would need 2-3 months of going to meetings making sure the elders see you and know your intention.

Add field service in there. 1 or 2 hours a week, make sure you are out when the elders are out, be VISIBLE. Even if you go to the meeting for service, and then go to the mall. Don't be seen going back home.

Put some fake time in, magazines, return visits, a study maybe.

And comment twice every meeting early in the Bible Study, and early in the WT.

Maybe 8 hours a week total.

AND THEN YOU WILL GET YOUR FAMILY BACK.

Last year, you can read my posts, I really got into it with my family and friends. I openly criticized the Society. They of course did what I used to do, REJECT APOSTASY!!! They are unable to reason fully, and I almost really blew it.

So I went into undercover mode, and I am having some success, little by little

People, the time I "waste" going to the meetings and sometimes in service IS NOT A WASTE TO ME. I am establishing myself as active and supportive, meanwhile I use my Theocratic Strategy.......

What do you have to lose? Try it!! What do you have to gain? A lot.

Ok, you can start blasting me now with "Its not worth it Bonafide" or whatever you want to say.

Bring it on!

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

You have to be a good actor though, and don't take anyone into your confidene you are not sure off.

I was talking to a sister I have known for 20 years, as we talked I realized she is undercover too. She told me to be careful. She had said a few things to me a couple of years ago that made me think. But she is still undercover for her family.

BF

• sspo
    sspo

If it's working for you, more power to you.

My wife left me due to "apostasy" on my part after 26 years of marriage and i have been told that

she would take me back if i came back in the "truth".

Often i think about it but will never do it because i cannot stomach anymore sitting at the KH

knowing it's nothing but a big lie and waste more years of my life.

32 years is enough.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Well- it seems to be working for you- your posts on that subject are always interesting to read and I root for you.

But-- what if you really want to do things that you just CAN'T do as a witness?? What if you fell in love with the girl at the coffee store? What if you had a passion for evolutionary biology and wanted to start university before you are out of your thirties? What if you wanted to publish awesome graphic art novels and your content was totally taboo according to the society? What if you'd rather die than run into co-workers at the door out in service?

You can't follow any of your desires because of your self-imposed imprisonment to the WTS. But if your only one desire is to get your family and friends out then you are doing what is important to you and are following the best path.

Your tactic is good but cannot work for many people. I am rooting for you!

-K

• asilentone
    asilentone

I cannot do it, more power to you, bonafide!

• flipper
    flipper

BONAFIDE- You are correct. A person would have to be a good actor to go undercover to help get family members out - while not believing it at all. I tip my hat to you. I don't think I could do what you are doing. But I admire you for doing it. I don't think I could control my emotions enough or might lose my cool dealing with the many " mind controlled friends " at the kingdom hall. But it is worth it - what you are doing. It's just that some of us might blow it before we even start.

I'll just try to work on showing love to my daughters authentically and realistically while not going to meetings. I don't think I could easily hide my disdain for the witnesses if I started attending meetings again. I'm pretty much a straight shooter - what you see is what you get. But good luck to you I think what you are attempting to accomplish is fantastic

• chickpea
    chickpea

wow, BF

i cannot comment authentically
    because i have no family "in"...

the thought of having to do
    what you propose literally
    made me sick to my stomach....

all power to you, mate....
    i hope your efforts are
    supremely rewarded.....

best of luck to you

• moshe
    moshe

Every action has a consequence. You reap what you sow. Join the Watchtower religion, do it's bidding and for a certainty, suffer the consequences- oops- I can go undercover, be a liar and a phoney in an attempt to avoid the "reap what you sow" consequences. We tell our kids that lying doesn't pay and one lie begets another lie, and another--- Or- you can let whatever happens, happen, after you leave the Wacktower religion. No manipulating other people in an attempt to get what you want, no phoney acting, no lying. To thine own self be true, take your lumps and go on with the life you are supposed to live- it could be better than you could ever imagine.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

BF,

I have extracted two people from the Borg -- as an apostate.

If your approach works, we won't be able to argue against it, will we?

I hope you succeed.

-LWT

• reniaa
    reniaa
    Micah 6:11-13 (New International Version)

11 Shall I acquit a man with dishonest scales,
    with a bag of false weights?

12 Her rich men are violent;
    her people are liars
    and their tongues speak deceitfully.

13 Therefore, I have begun to destroy you,
    to ruin you because of your sins.

there is no righteousness in lying and deceit is a weapon of satan.

Acts 5:38-39 (New International Version)

38 Therefore, in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone! Let them go! For if their purpose or activity is of human origin, it will fail. 39 But if it is from God, you will not be able to stop these men; you will only find yourselves fighting against God."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit