Would you rather see the WTS move mainstream or just collapse in a heap?

by ThomasCovenant 47 Replies latest jw friends

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Hi

Maybe eventually the WTS will adapt and change and try to go mainstream.

As 'new shite' shines brightly then;

maybe eventually celebrating birthdays and even Christmas will be 'allowed' without too many repercussions.

maybe eventually the 'blood' issue will fade away and 'brothers' wil be allowed the whole lot of fractions together at the same time.

maybe eventually disfellowshipping and particularly shunning will be seen as unloving and done away with.

Personally I would rather this wouldn't happen.

I would prefer to see the WTS collapse in the mire even with all the emotional fallout there would be to those still in having their crutches pulled away from them.

I don't want the WTS to modify and adapt and go more gentle on the rank and file.

I want them to get more harsh with the brothers.

I want it to go down, not along.

Am I being too cruel to those still in?

Would the more loving caring attitude be to hope that the WTS changes for the better?

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thomas Covenant

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

collapse into a heap that burns forever

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Collapse of course, there have been too many destroyed lives, too many unnecessary deaths,

too many broken families to warrant a continuation.

Man creates his own corruption out of lust for power and dominance over others.

Whose really to blame for all this destruction and carnage , the people who supported them

and kept them in power in the first place, they almost have just as much to blame as the leaders and orchestrators.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Mormons have pretty much pulled off the mainstream move. They are still bizarre and mind-controlling to the members.
    But being closer to mainstream makes it easier for the members to think they have "the truth" about religion.

SO LET IT COLLAPSE IN A HEAP. I don't want any success to come of this dangerous mind-control cult called Watchtower.

If it were to collapse, us former members and loved ones will go on suicide watch for those we care about, but soon they will be just like us- bitter but recovering.

I am even willing to see the lawyers, accountants, GB run off to tropical paradise with the money they already fleeced the flock of, avoid extradition and just stay away. Anything to free the members and stop them from pumping more time, money, energy into it, watching more die and more families torn apart.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I have no preference. What 6 million cult followers choose to believe has no affect on my enjoyment and pursuit of happiness in life.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Collapse and disintigrate, like dust in the wind.

S

• undercover
    undercover

Even if it collapsed, there'd be unscrupulous scam artists claiming to be the new messenger from Jehovah sent to bring those right-hearted souls out of the corrupt Watchtower into whatever righteous organization they claimed to have.

They'd hold onto to some of the original WT teachings enough to sucker in those who wanted to believe in the WT but then change it up enough to distance themselves from the WT yet not cast off the new believers that liked part of the WT beliefs.

And they'd be successful too, because people who needed the WT will need something to believe in.

Meet the new cult, same as the old cult...

• The Berean
    The Berean

Thomas:I believe that most mainstream religions started as cults and then evolved or disappeared ... and it's all about sex!

The Shakers, for instance did not allow children and have all but vanished.The Mayan tribes were too busy away at war to be home making babies and they remain only as a splinter.

Now to your question. In increasing numbers JWs are choosing not to have children. Sex is still treated as the forbidden fruit. Since religious growth is primarily from within, it would seem to me that should the current trend continue, the WBTS will be recorded in history as only a footnote.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I like em just the way they are. They're fun to watch and they're doing a heck of a job keeping the village idiots away from me.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Unfortunately, if the wt collapsed, i think that numerous wt splinters would collesce, each claiming to be the TURE wt, w the TRUE truth. It's a bit like the bible students. Only, the bible student splinters are friendly w each other. The wt splinters would likely be hostile to each other.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit