Would you rather see the WTS move mainstream or just collapse in a heap?

by ThomasCovenant 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"IT is not dead, and always tells a lie, but in strange eons, even The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Brooklyn, NY may die."

The "heap" scenario is most appealing to me.

Even better, to see it collapse in on itself like a Black Hole, doomed by its archaic gravity. Real Estate holdings worthless and printing presses sold for scrap.

Selah!

• jws
    jws

I want to see it collapse in a heap. A mainstream church might be a happier church for members. But it would still be a religion that doesn't believe in evolution and instead believes in unprovable miracles. Maybe some people need that mystery in life, but I wish they could face the fact that we have to deal with our problems ourselves instead of waiting for God to do it for us.

Let them collapse and let people wake up if they can.

But, as others have posted, splinter groups will no doubt go on. An ex-JW friend of mine joined "The Way" about 20 years ago. Their leader got even wackier than the founder of the group, tailoring the religion to suit his personal desires (like affairs were OK). Eventually it broke up with a lot of in-fighting at the top, but he found like-minded ex-members and they've managed to band together into their own little bible study group.

I could see ex-JWs studying old publications. Like some post-apocolyptic movie where all they have to read is books produced in our day, nothing new. Like I've always said, if there can still be "Bible Students" studying "Studies in the Scriptures", the JWs can go on for a LONG, LONG time.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This would be a perfect ending...

</form>
    </form>
    Dilapidated Shack by phil_g.
  • reniaa
    reniaa

Interesting responses! saying more about hatred than belief in God.

At what point does a person become a hater of all religion especially any professing belief in God in an organised way? so as to be unable to join a faith were it has leaders and followers? How would you have coped with the first century set up with the appostles calling the shots?

or are other religions acceptable by virtue of not been witnesses?

Do we choose a religion for social or doctrinal reasons?

• StAnn
    StAnn

I'd like to see a scandal so incredibly huge that the leaders of the WTS are all led away in handcuffs and the assets are seized by the police and sold off to make reparations to its victims.

St. Ann

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I hope nobody gets hurt. I just want to see a running of the bulls through the Bethel offices. Gorings are far less fatal since the invention of antibiotics.

BTS

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Great suggestion St Ann,

Perhaps a large monetary sum given out to people's families that lost their family members due to not

taking blood transfusions. That would be nice.

I myself would become a recipient due to my own mothers premature death.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Reniaa, hello.

I believe in Christ. So after much searching, it felt it was imperative that I join the Church that Jesus started and that is the one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic Church. You know, the religion that the Holy Spirit worked through to give the Bible to the entire world, the same Bible the WTS twists for its own benefit.

If the WTS and any Jehovah's Witness has any shred of honesty to them, they have to acknowledge that long after they claim that Christianity went "apostate," that our God in heaven was busy in the Catholic Church, working with the bishops and the Popes, to produce the Holy Bible. So, if you wish to use the Bible as an authority, you have to acknowledge that God used the Catholic Church to produce it. Meaning that God approved of the Catholic Church. Meaning that God's "channel" for communicating with mankind was the Catholic Church, not the WTS. If you use the Bible with faith and believe that the Bible is the word of God, then you are quietly acknowledging the God-given authority of the Catholic Church.

So, no, I don't hate all religions and I understand the need for leaders. Fortunately for me, Jesus left Peter and his successors in charge of his Church, the Catholic Church, and promised he would never abandon it. And he has kept his promise. Why settle for a counterfeit religion when you can have "the real thing"?

You do realize that, as Catholics, we consider JWs nothing short of apostates, don't you? Shame on them for what they've done to OUR book, the Holy Bible.

St. Ann

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

If they could mainstream by banning shunning, and dropping the blood ban, that would be a good thing.

And maybe develop a charitable cause while they are at it; real religions have causes that mean something, not just driving around irritating people by knocking on their doors.

P

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

I would like to seem them collapse in a heap. That is all they deserve after the damage they have done to the lives of so many of their faithful followers.

There's the big stuff like those who have died from the no blood transfusion and no organ transplant policies etc. And the suicides of those who were shunned by their families or abused by JW pedophiles. The poor brothers and sisters in Malawi who were horribly tortured and murdered for following the WTS hypocritical political card policy. The extent of the WTS bloodguilt of innocent lives is huge

Then there are those who obeyed the no higher education directives years and years ago and as a result were condemned to lowly paying jobs for the rest of their working life. There are those who made no plans financially for the future and are now facing a bleak retirement with no money or health insurance to fall back on. There are those who followed the don't have children directive and have died or are dying of old age, bitter and childless, or are now past childbearing age and are full of regrets.

There are those of us who are being shunned completely by our families because we decided we didn't want to live the JW lie anymore. And then there is the enormous psychological damage and depression caused by living most of your life believing you will never grow old and will live forever only to find that you have grown old and are going to die. And the depression and sadness caused by the realisation that you put your whole life on hold, leaving all your dreams unfulfilled, just to be a bookseller and a statistic for a deceitful publishing company the WTS.

Hopscotch

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit