Would you rather see the WTS move mainstream or just collapse in a heap?

by ThomasCovenant 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Rocky_Girl
    Rocky_Girl

Though I would love to see a collapse, I would be happy if it mainstreamed just enough to allow my parents to come to my wedding in a Catholic church. Or even to visit with me without insinuating that I left the witnesses just to get laid. "thanks Mom"

Angie

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Interesting responses! saying more about hatred than belief in God.

I have not read this entire thread so I can't speak for whether hatred of God was expressed. I can say that hoping the TW crumbles is disdain for Satan's organization- not God. The WT is so far removed from Jesus that it as an organization really could not function mainstream and certainly could not be reformed effectively. They simply do not have enough basic truth.

At what point does a person become a hater of all religion especially any professing belief in God in an organised way? so as to be unable to join a faith were it has leaders and followers? How would you have coped with the first century set up with the appostles calling the shots?

One despising the cultic control of the WT does not necessarily carry to every organized religion....certainly not in my case. The GB has gone way beyond the scriptures as well as the leadership of the apostles. Interesting in light of the fact the WT denied apostolic succession as unscriptural.

or are other religions acceptable by virtue of not been witnesses?

Do we choose a religion for social or doctrinal reasons?

Depends on the person I would think.

• yknot
    yknot

I am a bit internally torn on this one....

Mainstreaming has many benefits....but if appointment claims are kept then it is just another ploy by ravenous wolves in sheep's clothing to control and beat their fellow domestics.

Reform is what should be sought....but men rarely are willing to humbly sacrifice positions of authority and publically admit error.

The WTS has gone too far in creating a two master situation for their members. I don't think men who have brown nosed and given up their youths in pursuit of WTS hierarchy for decades are willing to relinquish control. I don't think they have clear and decisive plan either.... hey maybe some of them actually believed the end was near....... either way I see a slow collapse coming with splinter groups forming.

Obediance for JWs is to a slave (FDS) that doesn't always serve it purported master so much as itself.....

If it came down to my decision alone..... I would have the WTS put down and then weep bitterly for their was some good but it was overtaken by the cancer of human corruption.

Mark 9:43 (NWT) “And if ever your hand makes you stumble, cut it off; it is finer for you to enter into life maimed than with two hands to go off into Ge·hen´na, into the fire that cannot be put out.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger running it needs to be punished with severity for what it has done to so many people. I hope it goes down in a big mess, and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's members all rot in jail.

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

The WT isn't going away in our lifetimes. While it has (and likely will continue to) become more mainstream, it will not become a 'mainstream' religion in our lifetimes either. When I say that the WT will become more mainstream, I mean that JWs will continue to be more "worldly" in their personal choices, such as college, entertainment, careers. But the WT/JW religion will not become mainstream in the sense that it will likley continue to forbid holidays, birthdays, politics, and the like.

Part of the appeal of the WT/JW religion is is exclusivity and its (for lack of a better term) weirdness. For a segment of society, the fact that the WT/JW religion is strange and different is appealing. Why? Well, one reason is that it leads to opposition from friends and family. This is interpreted as "persecution." The Witness is conditioned to expect to be persecuted for his beliefs. Thus, this reinforces his position that he is "in the truth."

• steve2
    steve2

There will always be a place for two kinds of religious groups:

Mainstream groups - who attempt to meet their members' needs to be active participants in their wider communities

Fringe groups - who attempt to meet their members' needs to be protected from participation in their wider communities.

Mainstream groups do not view present community involvement as problematic, whereas fringe groups do. Fringe groups have most appeal to people who have been hurt in some fundamental way by life and who seek refuge from active participation beyond the group.

• Marjorie
    Marjorie

A smoking, charred heap of destruction.

Which, according to the Bible, definitely lies in store for them...

• wobble
    wobble

I hope for the sake of the 7 million that the demise is slow,JWN is great but we can only cope with so many broken and lost souls at one time,and real support,and importantly re-education, is not nearly so good elsewhere,despite sterling efforts on other sites.

I would love to see the end of the WT in my lifetime,just to ask those arrogant arseholes who have told lies about me and feel they are SO in the right WTF they thought they were doing that was right?

As Olin says,unlikely in my lifetime,I only have 548 weeks left till I hit" three score years and ten", not long enough.

Love

Wobble

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit