My wounds opened up badly today

by Maddie 59 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

So sad.

They didn't have to give the toys back. That was just done to be mean.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I'm so sorry, and I also am speechless at the way you are being treated.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I am so sorry you are being treated this way, especially at this time of tremendous loss! "By their love you shall know them."

Be strong.

Love to you,
    Baba.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Maddie, so sorry. Hard to believe they would treat you this way, and you are not even DF'd.

Just pray that they will someday come to their senses.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I'm really sorry Maddie, the past year has been a most difficult one for you. I do hope things turn around for you in

being able to have a relationship with your son and grand daughter.

hope4others

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Hi Maddie

I'm so sorry to hear what you have been going through.

All i can add is to bear in mind that your son was at a difficult setting, the funeral of his father so may not want to talk in that setting. My parents are divorced and i often wonder how i'd feel if my mother came to my fathers funeral and how i would interact. We get on fantasticly but with my fathers family there i would wonder how my mother fits into this now that she is divorced from him. Funny thing is i never think about the other way around, guess it's because my father is so unhealthy compared to my mother.

He may not think you are grieving as much as you are, he may also have other resentments against you that he hasn't dealt with, also with the JW thing and his wife there is that to deal with too. Maybe it's an idea to give him a few days and give him a call.

So sorry for how you feel.

Paul

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am so sorry. I am so sick of seeing the WT articles and comments from JWs talking about what loving people they are. And also what a loving arrangement that SHUNNING is. That was a hateful and callous thing to do on a difficult enough day. It was not even required by their religion and so it was just personally callous and hateful.

Personally, I would write a letter, but I would probably regret what I said in it later:) If you do write something, write it, and leave it alone for a few weeks, then re-write it and send to their local paper as an op-ed piece or something-without their names being mentioned. But sign it. They will see it and be unable to NOT read it. Everyone in their cong. will hear about it. I think loving people doesn't require you to be silenced simply because they want YOU to be silent. This is the choice THEY made as to how to treat you.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That sounds very painful. My condolences to you.

S

• Quandry
    Quandry

You were the better person and showed class through your actions at the funeral.

How utterly sad all of this is, especially for your granddaughter. One day she will ask questions about you. I wonder what her parents will say. Do keep the toys. Perhaps when she is a bit older you can contact her. Better yet, as the number of "annointed" keeps going up, and the big A doesn't come, or the WTS makes some other bizarre doctrine change, maybe, just maybe, your son will start to question.

Until then, please know that we are here to support you, and grieve with you.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

Maddie---I am sorry you are going through this. At the time of the Funeral, They gave back the toys, that is cold, they wanted to hurt you.

By reading your story, it brings back Bad memories that happen to me. I was getting a Divorce from my first husband, in court he showed me pictures of my two Granddaughters, when they where little, that hurt I wanted to cry,

But I didn't, I didn't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing he hurt me.

I couldn't see them until they where 8 and 9 years old, at a Wedding. They wanted to know more about me, I would write them. We got closer and the parents couldn't do anything about it. " they tried " They told big lies about me, trying to make me look bad.

My Son got a Divorce and I can see my Granddoughters they are 19 and 20 years old and I got my son back. He got Married again, his new wife is so nice, She love me.

Maddie---If you want to talk to me PM me, I will give you my phone number. I am here for you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit