Crazy doctrines of Jw's

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Sadly, I know of at least one person who committed suicide among JWs who left a note that said they felt that they could not attain paradise in God's New System any other way than dying before Armageddon.

When I was suicidal because of post partum depression many years ago, I had similar thoughts. This is really a very dangerous teaching in the hands of someone who is suicidally depressed.

Oh, an atheist friend of mine and I discussed this yesterday. She hates Christianity and Islam in particular because basically, almost all sects of it teaches that you can put more souls into God's grace, (either heaven or paradise, respective of what you believe God's ultimate reward is) by executing them in his name or at a certain time than by converting them!

I'm reminded that Spanish soldiers in the New World used to carry vials of holy water to "baptize" Native Americans before they killed them so they could attain heaven, and justified their deaths as Christian acts of mercy in that way. They thought they were saving their heathen souls.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Amen Perry!

The bible doesn't make it hard to understand the basics. Salvation is mentioned well over a hundred times so it is worth working out what one need to be saved from :)

I'm reminded that Spanish soldiers in the New World used to carry vials of holy water to "baptize" Native Americans before they killed them so they could attain heaven, and justified their deaths as Christian acts of mercy in that way. They thought they were saving their heathen souls.

Obviously they has no regard for actually following the bible

Exodus 20:13 (New International Version)

13 "You shall not murder.

Matthew 5:21-22 (New International Version)

Murder
    21 "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder, [ a ] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother [ b ] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, [ c ] ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. All the best, Stephen

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am thinking of locking this thread - too far off topic.

Or else we could just lay off the Bible thumping - not on topic.

Jeff

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Jeff,

Well it is all to do with the "crazy doctrines of the JWs" isn't it?

Anyhow, how are you getting on with the Israel prophecy?

All the best,

Stephen

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Chalam - I don't know how to say this.... as gentle as possible.....I don't believe in your Holy Book.

None of it is inspired. God did not write it. It has a few good pieces of advice here and there - but no more than a good book of poetry. I don't believe in any of it's so called prophecies - everyone interprets them as they see fit. I don't believe that salvation is needed in the way the Bible suggests. I don't believe that anyone named Jesus bore my sins before I was born. If he did I would never have been born and he would have already cured the world centuries before I was conceived.

I wasted 40 years believing it - I don't have 40 more left to watch and wait with bated breath for the silly interpretations of an old book's prophecy to not actually happen. The more the thumpers thump it - the less I believe it. It is just a book. It has nothing whatsoever to do with the time in which we live.

Jeff

• Chalam
    Chalam

OK fair enough.

As I leave I will point out that the bible clearly states that the Jews would be scattered all around the globe.

Also, that they would be brought back to their homeland. Yes, Israel, the nation was "born in a day" on May 14th 1948.

When you next see Israel and Jerusalem in the world news any time soon, ask yourself why this seemingly small and insignificant country is such a hot potato?

Anyhow, back to the "crazy JW doctrines" :)

All the best,

Stephen

• oompa
    oompa

i made the same point in a thread about one of my sons dieing in a car accident....one surviving only to be killed by arma.......and got a lot of hate mail from it........oompa

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Oompa - so sorry to hear of that accident. I didn't know.

Yes those very things make it hard to accept that God is interested.

Peace to you, bro

Jeff

• Dagney
    Dagney

So let me get this straight.

God told the Israelites not to murder. Then he told them to go and murder. But that murder was okay because it was not murdering their own race.

It appears the Spanish soldiers mentioned in the quote below closely followed the example left by God's chosen nation, the Israelites.

Obviously they has no regard for actually following the bible

Exodus 20:13 (New International Version)

13 "You shall not murder.

Matthew 5:21-22 (New International Version)
  • Perry
    Perry

As long as a person feeds his self-delusion that man is righteous and denies the glaring reality of his sin nature, God will always look bad to him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit