Crazy doctrines of Jw's

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Scenario one:

Max has never believed in God - in fact curses him regularly and publicly. He is a drunk, wife beater. His second home is the county jail, and has even spent many years of life in the 'Big House'. He lies, steals and cheats on a daily basis. He has never respected his mother. He loves to fornicate, and has done much of that with many women of ill repute.

Max dies on the day before the Great Tribulation begins. His children refuse to bury him, or acknowledge his life. He is dumped in a pauper's grave with not a single soul attending - Elenor Rigby style.

Scenario two:

Bill is a good person. He gives to charity weekly, works at a soup kitchen weekly, and coaches little league in the inner city to help poor kids succeed. He goes to the local Lutheran church every week. He has never cheated on his wife, or cheated on a test. He does not lie, in fact lives by all 10 commandments. He does not swear, drink or gamble. He works hard at his job and is known for his strong positive energy and solid reputation.

Bill dies three days after Max. In spite of world-changing events around them, 500 people come to his funeral. They weep at his passing.

Who gets a resurrection according to Jehovah's Witnesses?

Of course the exjws know this one. But thinking about the foolishness of this doctrine is infuriating to me. Timing more important than character?

This thread was inspired by another that I saw recently on JWN, though I did not have the opportunity to read it well. Credit where due.

Jeff

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Puts it all in perspective actually.......according to JW doctrine, really does not matter how you live your life if you can time your death prior to the big A.

A few years ago I remember a post where someone said that the salvation rate of the JWs door to door would be better if they just shot the folks rather than trying to pass off the literature and a bible study, then the folks would get the chance of the resurrection....

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

The answer is obvious.

But not only is "timing more important than character", but blind obedience to the Governing Body is more important than faith in God.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Was this the source of your inspiration? http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/174381/1/Two-dying-persons-Who-will-be-saved

Agreed; the doctrines are crazy.

Sylvia

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - that was the one Sylvia. Thanx for the link - I actually got to read the thread now.

Jeff

• mraimondi
    mraimondi

its obvious that if there were a god, he would judge by the heart, not timing.

most witnesses believe this. but the literature itself is cloudy on it, afaik.

jeff your analogy is a tiny bit off tho. how could someone not believe in someone they are cursing?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Question on the doctrine of the JWs......if a person is studying with the JWs at the time of the big A, and has not been baptized.......are they not resurrected as well??????

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Don't forget the Muslim, Hindu, Shinto, Buddhist 10 year old boy and his 7 year old sister.
    They live right up to the Great Tribulation and never really learned religion on their own. They went with Mom and Dad to their temple or church or whatever, didn't get to a true age of reasoning for themselves. But they die with Mom and Dad because of community responsibility. Jehovah causes the statue of Buddha to fall on these children or has the ground swallow them up if they dodge the fire and brimstone from heaven.

Meanwhile, at the Kingdom Hall, Tommy and Sally really are no different from the example above, but their parents sell Watchtowers for 3 hours a month and turn in a family study report. Even though Tommy and Sally sleep through the weeknight meeting and do homework often when they are awake, Jehovah smiles on them and aids them toward everlasting life.

Why are you firing me up with this crap today, Jeff? Why?

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

A child gets the everlasting life pass, but a ubm gets annihilated??!!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

mraimonde - Well, to the Jw mind [or many Christian minds] anyone saying something like 'Goddamit' would be blaspheming against God, whether or not that speaker believed in God.

I don't know Jerry. But you are correct on this point about the kids.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit