Crazy doctrines of Jw's

by AK - Jeff 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

Hey Jeff,

I had a conversation with my crazy Jdub mom last night (I wonder sometimes why I even call to say hi ) anyway, she was all bent out of shape about my younger sister, how she just can't get her life together and she has all these kids, blah, blah, blah. Then she goes on to say that she wished all her kids would just die (except the two super elders) so that we could all be together in the new system.

After I puked, I asked her if that would really happen. If I died today considering that I obviously don't believe in god, the bible or any of the BS that comes along with religion, does she really think her "god" would bring me back in his new system? She said yes, because he's a loving god and he knew how I was raised and would give me a second chance. She also believes that if that would happen I'd be sure to love god and believe and have faith because then I'd see the "truth"

So now I've related this little phone conversation, I feel sick and I'm gonna go puke now!

**note to self, don't visit mom anytime soon she may just off me so I'll be resurrected**

nj

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

When I found my children were not at all interested in Witness teachings (they're teenagers now) a sister telling me "Well, at least your child that died will be with you in the New System."

What a horrible thing to say! I could barely contain my anger at that. I should just write off my three beautiful, intelligent and good kids because they don't believe your crapola? I had a child that died at birth and they sat and debated for years whether she was even eligible for ressurection because she hadn't drawn breath. Then they call me up and tell me "it's fine, she's in". Well, screw that, I thought! What right do they have to judge the DEAD! What kind of total misrepresentation of God is THIS! God is supposed to be about love, not pharisaical interpretations of what constitutes being alive or not!

This is what the WTS thinks of your children, they'd be better off DEAD than disagreeing with them.

But, I still find myself needing to believe in a God who is more loving and merciful than the ones the JWs believe in. I have three wonderful kids who don't do drugs, don't make me worry about them, and who of their own informed choice are not promiscuous, and are loving, concerned, helpful human beings, because they have good self esteem.

But, I have to say, after being exposed to what the JWs think of God and what God represents, I could hardly blame anyone for disbelief. I'm pretty close to it myself at times. I'd rather there not be a God than the one they offer.

Amazingly, I managed to raise three productive, kind, and smart people without their so called scriptural "help".<sarcasm>

They had the unmitigated gall to come to my home and tell me my children are condemned to die because they're not JWs. When half of their kids are out screwing around, getting drunk, doing drugs and doing all sorts of self destructive things because deep down they know this religion offers them nothing but a life of perpetual guilt and unloving criticism, micromanaging and no forgiveness.

I'd be out drinking my brain cells into oblivion too if I still believed such destructive garbage.

• Perry
    Perry
    I got close to thinking I would end up Born Again. But something got in the way of all that. Something Big - real Big.

What was that Jeff?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Perry - I guess the way I stated that portion of the post was confusing. Sorry.

What got in the way was the Bible. I did some deep thinking and looking at the book that drives Christianity. I find it hopelessly impossible to believe/accept as basis for my actions or faith. The 'account of creation', life of Noah, Jesus story. It is all like a big fairy tale with no reality to me.

Just take Noah. How does a man live to be 500 years old, now just in middle age, with only three children? There was no birth control. He was not shooting blanks obviously. If you take a group of people - like the Amish - who do not use birth control. Most of them have 8 or 10 kids by the time they are mid 30's. If they lived to be 500 and still in middle life - they would have 300 kids probably.

Not only that, but his kids had no kids at this point.

The whole thing works out well in terms of having time to build a big boat. But it makes no sense.

Just one little example. Out of a few dozen.

I loved the Bible as a jdub - while I resided in total delusion. I read it more than most people I ever knew. But I never looked at it honestly.

So in answer to your question: How could one become/remain Christian with no confidence in the foundational writing of the religion? I could not.

Gotta go off to work now.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit