So, how many of you stayed single or childless for the sake of the Kingdom? And how many people in your Hall are single or childless for that reason?

by BonaFide 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

In my Hall growing up, I remember 6 childless couples. Some have died, some are still alive.

I stayed single for the Kingdom, hope to change that.

Presently in my congregation, there are 4 brothers over 30, two over 40, that are single for the Kingdom. And about 10 single sisters over 25.

Three of the five married elders have no children. They are in their 40's and 50's. Other than them, there are two other couples with no children, and they are over 40.

There are 12,600 congregations, so that means even a moderate estimate would be 100,000 single Witnesses over 30, and 50,000 childless couples.

Wow

BF

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

PEC-----Sister, she stayed single and no Children for The Kingdom.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I almost did but after 1980 change our minds.

I knew 7 women who chose never to have children in two congregations I was in, and 2 of them never married either. This was over a period of 29 years.

Many wives and husband had children after the failed 1975 date.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Both of my sisters, and my oldest brother. All 40 or older.

• BonaFide
    BonaFide

Wow, its almost too sad for them to realize there is no New System with a perfect mate wating for them.

BF

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Best way for a religion to die out? Have no children. Sounds familiar.

• bobld
    bobld

And those who had children after the directive from the GB/WBTS(cira 1980) should of been DISFELLOWSHIPPED

for apostasy for sinning against God/gb/wbts.However the GB/WBTS is thankful that they did not heed their counsel,

because the only increase in their membership if form this group of people.

Bob

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

There were lots of childless couples in my old congos. I felt a mixture of pity for them and contempt at being so stupid as to get sucked in by religious propaganda that you would sacrifice having children.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Another interesting statistic related to this I discovered that was quoted in the recent emcompassing study Trinity College did on all religions told them that only 1/3 of JWs raise children that go on to become JWs themselves.

They lose 2/3 of their children, or the majority, in other words. Compound that with the fact that less are converted every year in some countries like the US and some either didn't have a family or are now deceased, and I'm thinking there will eventually be an over all decline in the number of Witnesses worldwide.

Anyone remember the Shakers who taught that celibacy was the only way to please God? Well, no you don't because they all died childless and instead of leaving behind descendents, but they did leave behind well made furniture.

• yknot
    yknot

I wasn't planning on having children until the NS ....... a cycle that went off schedule decided differently.

Children are like puppies, best to have at least two so that the one doesn't get lonely....... or maybe more if you can afford them. In my town 4 is the average now, JW and non-JW.

No one stayed single in my current KH.

The older ones who are still waiting until the NS to have kiddos.....well lets say the wives are all heavily medicated, especially after all the changes since 2007. They are like zombies at the meetings, if someone was to tap them on the shoulder they would keel over---seriously!

Of the younger couples, only one is sticking by its vow....... bets 50/50 she will have an alley oops or will be filing for divorce within the next 3-5 years.

Here's hoping things fall into place for you quickly BF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit