So, how many of you stayed single or childless for the sake of the Kingdom? And how many people in your Hall are single or childless for that reason?

by BonaFide 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Joliette
    Joliette

I'm 28 and havent had children (and currently single) I dont think I'll be having kids for a while. It kinda scares me that some organization can have power over people like that. It really effects people's future. I dont know if I ever want children, but the more that I wait the harder its gonna be for me to have kids.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

There is a flip side to this post as well. Those who are mentally IN but are physicaly out leading a life of sin but cant figure it out that it s not the truth,they might not have children because they are living in limbo...they would have to choose a way to raise them.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

All the young couples in our congos are popping kids out like it's a contest! Carpet munchers running around the Hall everywhere. Nobody living like the Great Trib is knocking at the door.

• nugget
    nugget

We were married in 1988 an at the Da that year there was the talk responsible childbearing in this time of the end. The main idea was that we are close to the end, there was no record of Noah's sons having children and we should be like them focused on the work. It took us 12 and a half years to come to the conclusion that children should be a part of our lives. Many of those who married in that year delayed having children just as long as we did. I knew several older couples who deliberately chose not to have children although they dearly wanted to.

It makes me so mad that so many are beyond childbearing age and some have died without their hopes ever being realised. How disgusting is it of an organisation to rob people of their natural wish to be parents ? It is dispicable people are dying in despair and regret.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit