So, how many of you stayed single or childless for the sake of the Kingdom? And how many people in your Hall are single or childless for that reason?

by BonaFide 33 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I know of one couple that remained childless solely for the New Dark Ages. The wife is a regular pio-sneer, and the husband is a hounder. He was born in and went to Beth Hell as well. They were about 25 or 30 when I went in, and are now more than 45.

I wonder what they are going to do when they realize that they are going to die childless, and there is no hope for them to have children now.

• verystupid77
    verystupid77

We did. But it was not only for the Kingdom there were problems in both of our families and I was so afraid that I might pass on something. Maybe I would have because I would have raised them to be JW's and how horribly sad would that have been. I regret is sometimes but all in all there are many couples that are childless outside the org also. I do not know I have mixed feeling about it but it was truly my choose.

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, not many and some might not have been able to have children anyway. Others did not choose to be childless for any holy reason.

• The Berean
    The Berean

Excellent post!

My speculation for remaining single or "barren" would include:

a) You wish to maintain an "untarnished" image and children are a threat to that status

b) You actually hate people

c) You can only offer "conditional love" and no one can meet your conditions

d) You are trapped in a system and do not wish to put anyone else thru the same pain

e) You still believe the admonition: "woe to the suckling one" during the predicted "Great Tribulation."

f) You are fearful you will raise childen in the same disfunctional manner as did your parents

OR if you're lucky

Gee) You were born with both sets of genitalia and you can screw you!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I stayed single because the wt way to marriiage didn't work for me. I couldn't see tying the knot forever without doing some test runs, first, so to speak. Too many unkowns. My parents' disasterous wt marriage didn't reassure me. It did the opposite.

S

• sinis
    sinis

Shit, life is hard enough even without crib midgets!!! My wife and I decided not to have any, at first based on the "new system" bullshit, but as we faded we talked it over again, and decided to buy a couple of animals. Easier to take care of. For those who do have children, god bless you... I'm still a child at heart, does that count????

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

In one of my old congregations, there's a baby boom going on. In most of these cases, all the couples have been married in excess of 10 years and are in their early to mid 30s. The childless couples I know either 1) had fertility issues but wanted kids. They're older (50s) and didn't have the medical help that we have now or 2) didn't want kids for reasons other than "the truth".

Actually, most of the couples that I know that were remaining childless until the new system are now divorced.

• net1261
    net1261

I had a close friend that is in her 20s that is married that I knew would love to have kids but no...

As for myself, I'm newly out but still trying to wrap my head around the concept of having kids because it was so much drilled into me that it was horror if you had kids...horrible world to grow up in, problems with them, etc etc

• Gordy
    Gordy

My wife and I married in 1974.

Our first child was born October 1975.

Not one JW , even an Elder ever said anything about us having a child at that time.

We went on to have six more the last was born in 1989.

Again no JW ever said anything about us having children.

In fact when I think about it our Kingdom Hall had a lot of children in it.

• VIII
    VIII

One of my JW cousins, male, now an elder, is childless, according to his mother, because of "this system of things" and "he is waiting to have children in the New System when they'll (the kids) be perfect."

He is 45. His first JW wife left him; she said he was emotionally abusive. The second wife, who is 15 years younger, so far is staying. However, they have been married for only 2 years. Time will tell.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit