Would you rather be Respected, Feared, Desired, or Listened To?

by The Berean 48 Replies latest jw friends

• The Berean
    The Berean

Tyrone:

You asked a question. I gave you a truthful answer to the best of my ability. I did not know that there was a right or wrong answer. Isn't that what the JWs do when they ask a question and do not get the desired response. Please let me be wrong!

• beksbks
    beksbks
    The closer you are to someone, the greater power they have over you and the greater ability they have to rip your soul in two.

Doe, I'm gonna be serious for a minute. This is not about them. Only you can give someone that much power. And frankly, it still goes back to mutual respect. How could you respect someone who would do that to you?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Sorry man. I wasn't tryin to corner you. You don't even have to answer. These are just conclusions I have reached myself though thinking and observation. These are answers that work for me. I was hoping you might give some feedback debate, agree, disagree. If you do not wish to go deeper that's fine. But whats the point of asking questions then. It's just that I see similarities between you and I, but I didn't mean to be personal or preachy. I thought you could handle it, cuz your questions are good. Perhaps I'm just too forward. There was no harm intended. I wasn't implying you are a sociopath, I'm just digging because of my curiuos nature.

Ok. So does this mean you don't see any universal truths? I myself hold onto a truth, until a better argument comes along. I have no problem with bowing to anyone who presents better logic. I'm really a nice guy.

I've said this before but I'll say it again. If you don't know who you are, what you want, or what you beleive in, people will tell you, who you are what you want, and what you beleive in. It is a power vacuum. I was only trying to share my logic. How can you get respect, if you don't have any opinion?

If you don't like what I said, disagree. But give me a reason why? Too personal? Fine. I won't waste my intelligence and debating skills on someone who doesn't appreciate the immense personal suffering I went through, to know what I know. Do you think I actually give a shit. I'm not God. I can learn from you too. Do you not know, what debating is?

If you come here on threads, asking questions and seeking help, then when people tell you what they think, you accuse them of being preachy. Thats pretty low. Why even bother with therapy?

Did you not notice in the other threads you made. I said, I don't know you. They were only suggestions, designed to make you look inside yourself, for insight and answers that Might apply to you. That is where the real answers will ultimately come from.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Doe, I'm gonna be serious for a minute. This is not about them. Only you can give someone that much power. And frankly, it still goes back to mutual respect. How could you respect someone who would do that to you?

And yet, if they can't do that to you, you haven't given them much respect or trust.

• beksbks
    beksbks

So what's the alternative Doe? We aren't good enough? I say bull. If we had stars in our eyes, and they took advantage of it, then they are the losers. The respect they give us is equally important, and it's our job to recognize that we're getting it. Screw feeling inadequate or needy, be an honest, sincere, good person who knows their own faults, and we deserve as much love and flipping respect as the next person. There is a fine line between being loving, and being used.

See, it all boils down in the end to mutual respect.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Respected, though I have been told that some people fear me...and I really don't know why.

• John Doe
    John Doe

You're missing my point entirely beks.

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm trying not to be too personal on this public thread Doe.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I'm trying not to be too personal on this public thread Doe.

Nor am I.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

definitely respected

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit