Would you rather be Respected, Feared, Desired, or Listened To?

by The Berean 48 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Fear-I do not desire or respect that which I fear.

But if you respect someone, would you not fear losing them?

• The Berean
    The Berean

beks...

WOW!!!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Doe, I'm gonna go out on a limb and expose myself.

I'm having a tough time ignoring this one, but in the end, I've decided it presents too low of a challenge for my standards.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Desire- want, have, possess

I think your definition of desire is unnecessarily narrow and limited.

• The Berean
    The Berean

But John Doe:

I believe beks said she would like to be politely heard ...

• John Doe
    John Doe

What's your point?

• beksbks
    beksbks

B,

Doe and I have a workable relationship. He bugs the hell out of me, and I take it.

• beksbks
    beksbks
    But if you respect someone, would you not fear losing them?

But I don't fear them, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be feared.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    But I don't fear them, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to be feared.

But, you fear what they can do. The closer you are to someone, the greater power they have over you and the greater ability they have to rip your soul in two.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

That's why cults prosper my friend. If you fill your head with anything other than reality, you will have no tools to work with in the real world. ( Disassociation) How far does this go into the realm of dellusion. Above all else be true to yourself. Unless hope has a basis in truth, it enters the realm of fantasy, or wishful thinking.

If you had a son, and he was dying would you want the truth? Or would you rather the doctors told you everything was fine? If you were told the truth, there might be something you could do. Even say that you love him before he croaks. I beleive that that as painful as the truth might be, in the end, you will have more to work with. You seem like a smart fellow. I like your questions.

I know very intelligent people who have deluded themselves. They can change reality in an instant in their heads to suit them. Then they wonder why people get pisssed off at them.

The governing body have created their own reality. They can survive well this way, because they have sealed off the rest of the world and surrounded themselves with people who think the way they do. That doesn't mean they won't be reaping what they sow.

Your questions are revealing. I wonder if someday, I won't throw in the towel and settle for hope.

If fear is more important to you than love, does that make you a sociopath?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit