Would you rather be Respected, Feared, Desired, or Listened To?

by The Berean 48 Replies latest jw friends

• John Doe
    John Doe

False choice. I don't think you can be desired without simultaneously being respected, feared, and listened to.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Beks, there can be more then one person respected at a time...

I actually had to pick respected. No one would fear me. I am roughly Colbert's build, and my last name ain't Corleone...

• beksbks
    beksbks
    I don't think you can be desired without simultaneously being respected, feared, and listened to.

I disagree

• beksbks
    beksbks

I know Jeff, but I was scrolling down to pretty much ask word for word what you did

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Fear is a form of respect. For the enemy this will do. Listened to, is another form of respect. This is the middle. Being desired, does this mean envied? If it means loved. That's what I want. Desired can also mean worshiped. I don't want that if, that's what you mean.

Here's a question for you Be. What's more important to you. Truth or hope?

• The Berean
    The Berean

Keep Em Coming ...

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I disagree

care to expand on that?

• The Berean
    The Berean

Tyrone van leyen:

i would choose "hope" since I believe it is most difficult to handle the "truth."

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

There I go being literal again Beks.... lol

• beksbks
    beksbks

Doe, I'm gonna go out on a limb and expose myself. I'm sure you'll just make me sorry, but oh well.

Desire- want, have, possess, ...........................I want to be loved, not had.

Fear-I do not desire or respect that which I fear. I would likely listen, because what I fear is my enemy, I hate it.

Listened to-B said that would include polite tolerance. I want to be heard

Respect- everything worth having in the world, starts with respect. You can't truly love someone you have no respect for, and vice verse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit